Simple question as I don't have one yet, when glance screen comes on, can you unlock directly?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you still need to press the power button.

For some reason, on the new 950/950XL phones, they didn't come with the optional "double tap to wake" feature that a lot of previous Lumia phones have (like my 1520) where you can simply double tap on the screen (while Glance is on OR off) to unlock your phone.

Maybe they'll enable this feature with an update, or they just considered it redundant with the new Windows Hello Iris scanner feature, which will unlock your phone even faster.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah you still need to press the power button.

For some reason, on the new 950/950XL phones, they didn't come with the optional "double tap to wake" feature that a lot of previous Lumia phones have (like my 1520) where you can simply double tap on the screen (while Glance is on OR off) to unlock your phone.

Maybe they'll enable this feature with an update, or they just considered it redundant with the new Windows Hello Iris scanner feature, which will unlock your phone even faster.

But with hello you still need to press power button.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
and you still need to bring it up to your face... with double tap you can just see what you want to see with the phone laying on the table...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire