Need help with setting up 1520

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The wife's RM-940 was just delivered. It was stated it was unlocked by seller. I activated 1700 band already. When I put ##7820#, I get the locked sim icon. However reading old threads, am I correct that it may show that icon even when it's unlocked? Is there another way to check?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I put my Metro PCS sim in it and it shows up as MetroPCS profile, but the bar strenght icon has a circle and slash over it. Does this mean it is unlock since it recognizes it?

Does the RM-940 require manual APN settings? I will be going to get a new nano sim for it after I get it setup.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Possibly it requires APN settings. If it was locked, you would get a message saying so and asking for the unlock code, when booting.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
:shocked: Windows and Back buttons don't light up, so it's going back. Now I have to get out of my SquareTrade warranty and get my money back. What fun!

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well the seller has offered to swap it out with a like phone, personally inspect it and expedite the replacement shipping to me. He will provide the pictures of the exact replacement phone as proof of it working and it's condition. If all looks good, then I will take the exchange vs a refund.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
good choice, you/she will be very happy once its working perfectly.... I just sold mine yesterday and I sorta miss it.. BUT my 950XL fills the spot!

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, she only had it for a few hours before I had to package it back up. Today, she was so depressed looking at mine and talking about how much she misses it already. I've never seen her act that way over any phone. It says a lot about the 1520! At least the replacement looks just as good and has been proven that it works and all lights are good. Now to play the shipping wait game. :unhappy:

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: The replacement phone came in this morning. It looked brand new! Everything works. I loaded up Windows 10 (Slow Ring - DW isn't patient enough for Fast). It easily activated on Metro PCS. Now she has to learn how to navigate in Win10 mobile. She is coming from an iPhone that she was getting very tired of having. I was able to easily add all bands and remove the default AT&T apps. Some of those ## codes need to be a sticky somewhere. They are invaluable. Thanks everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss