My lumia 620, ah! Loads of issues

Avinash227

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm new to the forums, in fact i just joined. I've been visiting the forums regularly, looking for solutions to various issues related to my phone. As the title says, i'm using lumia 620, that i purchased in India, back in 2013 oct/nov. And it was running wp 8 (Amber) without any issues, very smooth & lag-free. Simply put, i was completely satisfied with the performance of the phone. IE was loading up big & heavy web pages without any issues, scrolling and zooming in/out was very smooth. I remember i used to load up the regular Gmail, without any lags or issues, performance was completely fine. Those good old days! :/

Then i guess i made this huge mistake of updating my phone to 8.1. And everything changed since that day :( Well, to be a bit more precise, i was aware of the fact that 8.1 might not be as good as 8.0 on this phone, and this is what held me back from jumping onto 8.1 for a long time. But finally, i couldn't resist the temptation, and upgraded the phone to wp 8.1.
As i mentioned earlier, i was aware of the fact that 8.1 might not be as smooth as 8.0 on lumia 620. But i didn't know that it'll be so terrible, that the experience would be like those crappy low end android phones, completely laggy.
Its just horrible! I mean, honestly it makes me feel like throwing it out of the window. IE11 is so laggy, practically unusable. It crashes 10 out of 10 times on sites that aren't heavy. Scrolling is a pain on even normal sites. It just crashes all the time, i tried UC browser and surfy browser as alternatives, but found out that they ran just as horribly (UC was worse). Not just IE11, its such a pain to use other apps, at times, they take around 6-8 seconds to load, and then they crash. Its been a nightmarish experience ever since i updated the phone to 8.1. And i'm facing connectivity problems too. I mean, i turn on data connection (on 3G), and type in the web address. It starts loading the page, and internet connection keeps dropping frequently even when the page is only half-loaded. The progess bar stays there for a minute or two, and when it reconnects on its own, then it loads up the rest of the webpage. Its such a frustrating experience, wp 8.1 has rendered my phone totally useless. Talking of battery life, on continuous use, the battery runs out in 2.5 to 3 hours, yes u heard that right! Isnt it shocking? I only wish, i had not upgraded to 8.1 :/ It was so smooth and flawless on wp8.
Currently, OS version is 8.10.14219.341 and firmware revision number is 3058.50000.1425.0001
The first question i want to ask is, am i the only one with lumia 620 who is facing such issues? Or these issues are common considering its hardware? Just want to confirm, pretty sure no one else is experiencing as many issues as i am. Its completely unusable as it is, it just feels like its in beta stage. Secondly, is it the latest software version available for lumia 620? I looked it up on google, and the lastest version is 8.10.15116.125 but the weird thing is, when i check for updates, it says that my phone is up to date. And its a carrier unlocked phone, there are no such things as carrier locked phones in India.
As i said, i'm having some really annoying connectivity issues, when internet connection drops even when the webpage hasn't loaded up (and progress bar stays there for a minute or two when it finally reconnects on its own). What i want to know is, is it normal? Well, its has rendered my phone literally unusable. I wasn't having these issues on wp8. And i tried different simcards (Airtel, aircel, bsnl) but the problem still persists.
I have done all sorts to things to sort out the issues that i'm facing on wp8.1. Soft reser didn't help. I did hard reset twice, and set up the phone using a different outlook id, but couldn't get rid of those issues. By any chance, is it possible to roll back to wp8?
I might have explained a bit too much, i just can't put in words how frustrating the experience is! Thanks for your time. Waiting for answers. Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
According to the microsoft india page, your phone is up to date and has denim version

Since you said that amber gave you a good experience, you could go back to amber by using nokia software updater 4.3.2
It does a factory reset like windows device recovery tool but it starts from the original os that shipped with the phone
Once you've reset to 8, don't update the OS but try it out a few days

On continuous use - can you define what that is? music playback or whatsapp messaging or youtube streaming?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077