Walmart sells the AT&T Gophone for a low price!

molimelight

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
re: Walmart sells the AT&T Gophone for a low price!

I was able to get two of them here. Funny thing the, way I got two was I purchased one at the $47.99 price and then found that the price was reduced to $29.88 the day I picked mine up. I ordered another one for pickup in case I couldn't get a price adjustment on the one I had as I had already opened it.
There could be a thread just on the nightmare that is the plastic packaging!:angry: Then I found this on the Wal-Mart web site:

"If an item previously purchased from Walmart.com (not including items from a third-party seller on our site) is now listed at a lower price, and the item is within its eligible return window, contact Walmart.com Customer Care at 1.800.966.6546 to receive an adjustment for the price difference."

So I think the return window on electronics is 90 days, in case any of you bought one at the higher price within the last 90 days!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Great. I guess I'll keep the one I have for all eternity, because I'll never sell it. That phone is worth way more than that - continue to be amazed that you can buy one of these for that.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site

That is a ridiculusly low price for that phone, if it was priced like that here in my country, it would sell like crazy. Heck even I would buy it as an owner of the lumia 735...

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Do I have to be ATT customer to get this phone for this price? I'm on Tmobile (I know this one is locked), but maybe I could get it without the need for SIM card

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Do I have to be ATT customer to get this phone for this price? I'm on Tmobile (I know this one is locked), but maybe I could get it without the need for SIM card

Nope, just grab one and if your feeling technical flash the T-Mobile rom. Check out XDA.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Unlock before you use it (via ATT) website, then use it on TMo.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

That price is over today. I think it was actually a mistake because they quickly listed them as sold out when they were not and then changed the price back up. Interestingly they still show as sold out when there are more than a few in my local store.

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks ea3dfx :) I ordered 2 at my local Best Buy for in store pick up. They showed out of stock online but when I switched to in store they took my order.

molimelight

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

If they still have them in stock at your local Wal-Mart, there's this from the Wal-Mart web site:

How to match a Walmart.com price to another online retailer*: Prior to placing your order, contact Walmart.com Customer Care or call us at 1.800.966.6546. We will verify the item eligibility by reviewing the online retailer, their current price, and by confirming the item is in stock. Walmart.com has the final decision for matching an online price.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I wonder why this is the norm in the world

A country like the US with average incomes above 30000USD have the 640 priced at 30-40USD while in countries like India where average incomes are maybe 1500USD the same 640 is priced 100USD or higher

Do US companies give subsidies for their devices?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I wonder why this is the norm in the world

A country like the US with average incomes above 30000USD have the 640 priced at 30-40USD while in countries like India where average incomes are maybe 1500USD the same 640 is priced 100USD or higher

Do US companies give subsidies for their devices?

I think there is some kind of subsidy when a US carrier decides to carry it as one of their phones. I'm guessing that carrier locked phones are not as common outside of the US.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I think there is some kind of subsidy when a US carrier decides to carry it as one of their phones. I'm guessing that carrier locked phones are not as common outside of the US.

but the other posters in the thread mentioned you can unlock it

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

but the other posters in the thread mentioned you can unlock it
You can, but whoever makes (or in this case, brands) the phone still has control if/when you will get the update. You can unlock it to have service on whatever carrier of choice that will work, but AT&T will be the ones to decide if you get firmware updates, and official software updates.

However, if you can flash the phone to a country variant model, that would fix that issue.

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks ea3dfx :) I ordered 2 at my local Best Buy for in store pick up. They showed out of stock online but when I switched to in store they took my order.

I should have mentioned that my local stores all showed that they had stock. That is why they processed my order I suppose. I have one I got for $48 off Amazon and its already unlocked and running on T-Mobile . I really like this phone :) I bought ny wife the Lumia 635 a year ago and she loves it.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm seeing it available and now at $32.31. I didn't know that you can now unlock these phones without being an active subscriber of their service :)

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

They're unlockable through AT&T web site. But whatever you do never start the phone up ....they put have SIM card already installed and it will lock it to at&t for 6 months..there is a procedure that should be followed. Don't have the link but it should be on this site.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)