Walmart sells the AT&T Gophone for a low price!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
re: Walmart sells the AT&T Gophone for a low price!

Even that is cheap! We're barely under $2/gallon where I live. But hey, I'm not complaining. I have some traveling to do in the next couple months, and these prices make it a lot easier on the wallet.

Lots of refineries in the state. Less cost in transportation to where I live. Where you live, lots of transportation, along with additional taxes that my state doesn't impose on gas. I've seen it as low as $1.39 nearby, but it was better with the $.90 discount where I went. :evil:

Hurried Sense

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

- You are *NOT* an AT&T customer.
- Put in IMEI, name and email.
- Click the link in the confirmation email.
- Wait a couple of days.
Hey, I am currently in the US and am looking to buy a phone but all this contract stuff has been giving me a headache. So I want to be clear on this: Do I have to pay AT&T (I have never been their customer) to unlock this phone and use it in some other carrier? Can I flash its firmware with a generic version so it becomes like a factory unlocked phone? Thanks.

QuackFu

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I am currently in the US and am looking to buy a phone but all this contract stuff has been giving me a headache. So I want to be clear on this: Do I have to pay AT&T (I have never been their customer) to unlock this phone and use it in some other carrier? Can I flash its firmware with a generic version so it becomes like a factory unlocked phone? Thanks.
You don't have to pay anything. You just have to fill out their form and wait a couple days for the unlock code. I'm speaking from experience.

Hurried Sense

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

You don't have to pay anything. You just have to fill out their form and wait a couple days for the unlock code. I'm speaking from experience.
Hmm, thanks for the info. And finally, do I have to be a citizen or have some form of identification for this?

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hmm, thanks for the info. And finally, do I have to be a citizen or have some form of identification for this?
No. You just need the imei, your name (you can really put any name you want) and an email address. If it helps, there are some people in the Caribbean who ordered this phone and had it unlocked no problem.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

No. You just need the imei, your name (you can really put any name you want) and an email address. If it helps, there are some people in the Caribbean who ordered this phone and had it unlocked no problem.
Yep! im from Costa Rica, last time buy 5 and now 5 more gonna arrive this monday i guess.. its a great deal for my family or business :p

Darrell Sibley

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

Hey Everyone,
Picked mine up at local Walmart for $32 on Tuesday, 2 Feb. and just got my unlock code from AT&T a few minutes ago...what a deal!
Darrell, USA
Win10 Laptop,Win10 Tablet, and now two Win10 Mobile Phones....guess I'm all in!
Thanks for the heads up and the tips.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I was able to get two of them here. Funny thing the, way I got two was I purchased one at the $47.99 price and then found that the price was reduced to $29.88 the day I picked mine up. I ordered another one for pickup in case I couldn't get a price adjustment on the one I had as I had already opened it.
There could be a thread just on the nightmare that is the plastic packaging!:angry: Then I found this on the Wal-Mart web site:

"If an item previously purchased from Walmart.com (not including items from a third-party seller on our site) is now listed at a lower price, and the item is within its eligible return window, contact Walmart.com Customer Care at 1.800.966.6546 to receive an adjustment for the price difference."

So I think the return window on electronics is 90 days, in case any of you bought one at the higher price within the last 90 days!

You can return openedackages. People think that once its opened, u can't return it. consumers have a lot of rights that they're not telling you. u can even sue corporate stores that priced their product wrong unless they give u that price.

Hurried Sense

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Yep! im from Costa Rica, last time buy 5 and now 5 more gonna arrive this monday i guess.. its a great deal for my family or business :p
Thanks to you both for this information.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

So I was able to get one from Walmart yesterday fro $32 + tax. Phone is still in the box, never opened, never on. I submitted a unlock request yesterday and got this today: "Unlock request number: (removed)
Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.
Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:
You haven?t completed 6 months of paid service as a Prepaid/GoPhone? customer.
You can submit a new request once you complete 6 months of paid service.
Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted."

Any other way to unlock or is it a return trip to Walmart?

I think you have to use it for a while. Same thing happened to me and I never put a SIM in it.

Jim Bob4

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I just bought a 640 gophone and had no problem getting an unlock code. Do not turn the phone on at all. Send in the request as a non-att customer.

NiteCourt

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Second time was the charm for me. I filled the unlock request form the same way each time. First request I was rejected. Second request I got the unlock code. Also followed the instructions to flash it with T-mobile firmware so now it's a T-mobile phone. Going to keep it as a spare since my son does not want it to replace his 521. Asked why and the apps he wants are not available on windows phone.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

There could be a thread just on the nightmare that is the plastic packaging!:angry:
Tell me about. I think they go overboard with how they seal it and it's not thin easy to cut plastic either. T-Mobile's packaging it far superior in that regard.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Tell me about. I think they go overboard with how they seal it and it's not thin easy to cut plastic either. T-Mobile's packaging it far superior in that regard.

Apparently, for some reason, if you buy it from the MS store, they use paper packaging for this phone with the AT&T variant. I don't get it, but eh. Not worth it to pay the extra money for easy packaging...unless the person desires to.

I agree that T-Mobile wins for theirs.

Last edited:

STORMY13

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site

Ordered four of them from Microsoft back during the Black Friday sales, and all four came in normal box (granted it was orange with the big blue Go logo on one side and a picture of the phone on the other), but a box just like any other phone.

Also got all four unlocked no problem from Canada.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

but a box just like any other phone.

Mine from bestbuy was in a weird sort of curricular plastic box. I know it's a go phone but come on, it's like they designed that package not to sell. Oh well hey ATT thanks for the $30 phone now flashed to T-Mo!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

Second time was the charm for me. I filled the unlock request form the same way each time. First request I was rejected. Second request I got the unlock code. Also followed the instructions to flash it with T-mobile firmware so now it's a T-mobile phone. Going to keep it as a spare since my son does not want it to replace his 521. Asked why and the apps he wants are not available on windows phone.

Wait, the 521 is a Windows Phone so why not have the nicer 640?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs