why cant i edit word and excel on my phone says i need office 365 but im subscribed

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
hi all, im hoping im just doing something stupid as i use to be able edit documents on my lumia 640. i have a personal sub to microsoft up until 2018 but i cannt edit documents on my lumia 950. ive go to the microsoft webpage and tried to install from the page and says there is a error. if i try to edit a document i have to renew the office 365. I have the 1 TB onedrive i dont understand why its not appearing the office isnt appearing on my phone.

thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If read your post I conclude that your 640 is still on 8.1. In 8.1 you have a "Office" app. In w10 however, there is no "Office" app but you have Word, Exel and PowerPoint as separate apps. (should be preinstalled)
Basically you do not need a 365 subscription to use Word (or Exel or PowerPoint) on your phone.
Probably there is a "bug" in your 950.
What you should do is uninstall the Word app (on your 950) and install it again (use the STORE app on your phone). Then it should work.

Good luck

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue as well. Had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. I posted about it a while back and had a few responses, so it's not an isolated incident.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb