Read it and weep!!

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The app is called "Battery" Arthur Semenov in the store.

For Windows 10 desktop I like the non-insider. I want my desktop good and stable.
For Windows 10 mobile I like the insider builds. I want my phone stable but don't wanna wait for better builds.

Build .71 is out.....pulling it down now....

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
How'd you set your background apps? Dont have anything to complai myself with the battery, around 20-30% at the end of a day, but thats nothing compared to what you're showing!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
How'd you set your background apps? Dont have anything to complai myself with the battery, around 20-30% at the end of a day, but thats nothing compared to what you're showing!

I believe background apps can still be toggled on and off under settings > privacy > background apps

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
All apps are background enabled except Edge. Not sure if that affects anything like syncing but its off after noticing the battery being eaten alive. Realize though that I updated to the new firmware during that time.

What I have noticed since the firmware update is that (see the white lines in the image) the drain(white line) snaps back to the zero much more aggressive. What that means is that after you turn your screen off and stick your phone in your pocket, it isn't sitting there sucking juice from the battery.

That spike to 24% was me browsing a bunch of hard on a browser type sites and fiddling around in various apps..

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So what's the big deal here? My 950 and its smaller battery are good for 25-30 hours on many days. I just charged mine a bit ago, it has it at 25 hours, 11 minutes as its battery life. Is this something where folks are unhappy with the new build's battery life? I haven't gotten into Insider since I got my new phone, I don't think, and I know I'm not on the latest build. I need to remember to do that when I get home.

Anyway, is this a W10M complaint as a whole, or is the new build giving people fits?

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
The app is called "Battery" Arthur Semenov in the store.

For Windows 10 desktop I like the non-insider. I want my desktop good and stable.
For Windows 10 mobile I like the insider builds. I want my phone stable but don't wanna wait for better builds.

Build .71 is out.....pulling it down now....

I also use that Battery app, It's my favorite ;) Glad you are having long lasting battery life also :D

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
After updating to OS .71, it seemed my battery was doing waaaaaaay better.

I decided to download the battery app just to see what kind of discharge rate I was getting.

Last night, before going to sleep around 1:00 AM, I noticed that my phone was fully charged, so I took it off battery, just to see how it did over night.

All I can say is wow!!!!!!! I love my 950 XL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is the screen cap from 10 minutes ago.........

wp_ss_20160204_0001.jpg

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Update with build .71.... had to stop using continuum dock as phone gets charged while plugged into the dock. :amaze:

Little more use on this go round.... That 9am spike is a 1hr phone call.....

wp_ss_20160204_0002.jpg

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Uhm, the app Battery Performance seems to be a good app too for logging the battery drain. After trying out some different apps I am most satisfied with it.

My 930 is also able to last 24 hours, today W10M even estimated 2 days; but that would only be possible with me not using my phone. I have the feeling using WhatsApp, Messages + Skype and the like is draining nearly 1% per minute though.
So, the battery drain is not really better with the 950.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the feeling using WhatsApp, Messages + Skype and the like is draining nearly 1% per minute though.

I'm glad you mentioned this - WhatsApp and Messaging + Skype are the top battery consumers for me. Is this just the price for messaging? If I have a WhatsApp chat for 15 minutes, my battery is down 10% easily.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad you mentioned this - WhatsApp and Messaging + Skype are the top battery consumers for me. Is this just the price for messaging? If I have a WhatsApp chat for 15 minutes, my battery is down 10% easily.

I am not sure about that. All I know is that this kind of problem is there since the Lumia 930 and it is somewhat disappointing that messaging is such a problem for flagships with OLED and stronger Snapdragons.

Also the new build seems inconsistent for me in terms of battery drain. Today my phone is barely able to last one day and I doubt that Readit is alone responsible for this drop in battery time.
(I reinstalled it yesterday before going to bed; I activated WLAN during the night and used mobile the rest of the day since morning and my phone was then more draining the battery than yesterday.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
No complains for Whatsapp here. Its like on 3.4% of usage over the last 24 hours and I use it quite often. Edge (and former IE) is the true battery consumer. Facebook is also quite good at eating your battery I think, but thats a problem on all platforms I think.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
No complains for Whatsapp here. Its like on 3.4% of usage over the last 24 hours and I use it quite often. Edge (and former IE) is the true battery consumer. Facebook is also quite good at eating your battery I think, but thats a problem on all platforms I think.

And that is the funny part: Edge only drains my battery when I actively use it, else it uses next to no battery. But overall during active use any messenger and Edge drain my battery remarkably.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
No complains for Whatsapp here. Its like on 3.4% of usage over the last 24 hours and I use it quite often.

That's stunning. I used WA this morning on and off. My battery is at 54% after 6h. WA is at 30% usage. Did you change any settings in WA? There's got to be a reason.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
nop. Not sure how it measures the exact usage though. For example, I diasbled banners during notificaties. Meaning my screen wont flash on and off for each message, I only get the counter on my glance screen (thats why I love glance screen). Might help a lot?

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I use windows phone insider, it's a multipurpose app, but has a good battery usage log. Some apps I use drain mote than others.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720