Unlocked Lumia 640 XL being added to Straight Talk Plan. Is it compatible or not?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unlocked Lumia 640 XL being added to Straight Talk Plan.

I'm a straight talk customer and I'm loving it. I want to get a new Windows phone (currently having the Huawei Ascend W1 from Straight Talk). I have found an unlocked Lumia 640 XL and was wondering if it's compatible or not. I know it's GSM compatible, but as I'm trying to buy an activation card from Straight Talk, it's asking me which carrier compatible kit (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon). Since it's an unlocked phone, it's not on a carrier plan and I don't know which one to choose. Would it be AT&T?

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unlocked Lumia 640 XL being added to Straight Talk Plan.

I just put my wife on ST with a 640 XL. You will want a GSM compatible kit. AT&T or T-Mobile. I put my wife on AT&T and we love it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Same one you used with the Huawei... Call 611 from your Huawei and ask them which style (carrier compatible) SIM you have. Since it sounds like you have great connection with that style, get an activation kit in the same carrier compatibility.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Marie Beesler

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I just put my wife on ST with a 640 XL. You will want a GSM compatible kit. AT&T or T-Mobile. I put my wife on AT&T and we love it.

I know this thread is a bit old, but can you tell me what the apn settings are for your wife's 640 XL? I'm looking into getting one, but Bing isn't returning anything for that specific phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon