10586.71 - CAR BLUETOOTH - Continued disconnected phone calls

Peters Erik

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
CAR: Renault Grand Scenic Model '13.
It NEVER let me call for more than a minute. It just disconnects the phone. VERY enoying in this way that it just is not usable for professionals who can't effort disconnected phonecalls. After upgrading to Preview Build 10586.71 my first call was disconnected after 25 seconds. The same issues are encountered in a Volvo from a collegue that uses a Lumia 950XL. This problem exists from the beginning (early nov. 2015) and was never solved. I will start using my Lumia 930 again (same build) and will post an update if I encounter the same issues (or not).
ps.1: The car manufacture confirmed that the latest Renault software update does not contain a newer bluetooth driver.
ps.2: Pairing is OK and streaming music is never a problem. Also Samsung S6 and iPhone 5s/6s is working fine.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
CAR: Renault Grand Scenic Model '13.
It NEVER let me call for more than a minute. It just disconnects the phone. VERY enoying in this way that it just is not usable for professionals who can't effort disconnected phonecalls. After upgrading to Preview Build 10586.71 my first call was disconnected after 25 seconds. The same issues are encountered in a Volvo from a collegue that uses a Lumia 950XL. This problem exists from the beginning (early nov. 2015) and was never solved. I will start using my Lumia 930 again (same build) and will post an update if I encounter the same issues (or not).
ps.1: The car manufacture confirmed that the latest Renault software update does not contain a newer bluetooth driver.
ps.2: Pairing is OK and streaming music is never a problem. Also Samsung S6 and iPhone 5s/6s is working fine.

Did you try to check the box for ”Use an alternate Bluetooth...” under Bluetooth/Advanced?

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the 2009 Megane III Sport Tourer model and never had any issues when using my 930 and 950 over car BT.

One thing you could try is to remove the phone from the cars BT menu and pair it again.

Last edited:

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the 2009 Megane III Sport Tourer model and never had any issues with using my 930 and 950 over car BT.

One thing you could try is to remove the phone from the cars BT menu and pair it again.

Just to add on to the resolution, you could use and S6 or an iPhone 6S with your car.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
One more thing to try, but this is a bit more radical and time consuming.

1. Backup the phone
2. Reset the phone (About/Reset)
3. Apply all the updates from the store
4. Retry pairing

Resetting the phone is the equivalent of a clean install of Windows. It can solve a lot of weird issues.

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you try to check the box for ”Use an alternate Bluetooth...” under Bluetooth/Advanced?

Definitely try this 1st. Only way BT works in my car.

DITTO!

This fixed issues with my '13 Nissan Altima, '08 Subaru WRX and '11 Chevrolet Silverado that I had previously with Bluetooth.

After updating to .71, my Bluetooth no longer causes the stereo to lock up and Pandora resumes fine after stopping and restarting the car. Whatever MS did to the Bluetooth, it definitely helps with some of my issues. Incidentally, I had a long phone conversation during yesterday's evening commute and there were no Bluetooth timeouts. Worked perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon