New build 10586.71 Anyone take it? Feedback?

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I wish they would post the entire bug list of fixes. The insiders are smart enough to discern it. Why would I take 10586.71 if you only fixed the 10 things Gabe Tweeted?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any number of reasons...

* Simplicity
* Some issues may only affect certain configurations (anyone not part of that configuration would then rant/rave/complain endlessly)
* Some issues might expose or confirm intellectual property details that Microsoft would rather not be so public at this point
* Some issues might be preparatory in nature for feature that may or may not appear in the future
* Some things might be there for diagnostic reasons
* Security fixes may expose the potential for vulnerabilities

The build gets taken because it's Everest - because it's there.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Any number of reasons...

* Simplicity
* Some issues may only affect certain configurations (anyone not part of that configuration would then rant/rave/complain endlessly)
* Some issues might expose or confirm intellectual property details that Microsoft would rather not be so public at this point
* Some issues might be preparatory in nature for feature that may or may not appear in the future
* Some things might be there for diagnostic reasons
* Security fixes may expose the potential for vulnerabilities

The build gets taken because it's Everest - because it's there.

Ok, insiders don't care about security fixes. We want to know if they fixed the crappy edge tab bugs, batter drain by edge, unread email count bugs, slowness in going back to the start page, etc...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, insiders don't care about security fixes. We want to know if they fixed the crappy edge tab bugs, batter drain by edge, unread email count bugs, slowness in going back to the start page, etc...

Slowness in going back to the start page? I don't have that with my 950 XL, how long have you had it happening?
(If you don't actually have one, my bad, but you did post in the 950 XL forums)

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed .71 last night. So far no issues, battery drain is slower than before (coming from .29), but of course that's just after half a day of use and right after a reboot. I tested Bluetooth connections to my car and Band 2, so far didn't notice much difference but it would take several days on .29 before my BT connections started degrading. Not noticing any speed improvement, but capacitive screen responsiveness is better.

WiFi from standby is still painfully slow (it's like the adapter takes a while to wake up). Also notice bogus SIM data usage (for example it says SIM2 has 9MB of use, but there is no SIM card in SIM2; also says 178MB use from SIM1 but AT&T says 54MB).

I personally don't rely on the list of bugfixes for each release because often the bugs I'm looking for aren't really fixed. I prefer to rely on community input where people who were having the issue before report on whether it's fixed for them, and to report on whether regressions or new bugs are introduced.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Still no turn by turn assistance when connected to car bluetooth. Honda HFT - Fit/Jazz 2015

Really? On .29 and I have turn by turn prompts on my 2013 buick enclave, and various rental cars (toyota, mazda, ford)... actually I'm driving a ford fiesta this week and noticed I didn't get prompt but I'm not sure yet if it's something funny I set up with this car. It was in a different lang for starters :D

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
seems faster on my 950xl, another 950xl owner mentioned the same to me earlier today. He noticed the speed moments after the update was finished,

Jackson Ombati

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Opening pdf with edge is better now in terms of appearance. Contact support app now takes you directly to surface support page. Improved speed in terms of phone performance especially when opening apps most especially when opening messaging and people apps. battery usage has also improved. i am happy

Last edited:

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I would really love to know if Cortana bluetooth in the car works correctly now.

As in does she read and allow you to respond to texts properly?

Currently (.29) she works 1 time. If I use her to respond to a text then after that she stops working properly until I sever the bluetooth connection (turn off car or phone) and reconnect.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
No update here yet.

Are we still messing with this "rollout" to different parts of the world. I'm in Texas?

No configuration update arrived this week either. Went to production, rebooted reinstalled WI and selected fast, rebooted twice. Still no updates.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
im having a few probs with this update were on 63 everything worked and yes i did a clean install lol probs im having if browser is sluggish the windows central app kicks you off and the little moon thing (quiet hours) when you pull down on the screen is disabled for some random reason when u click it it just takes you to cortana

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded to .71 on my 640 this morning. First thing I noticed heading out to work the my commute crashes upon opening, and seems like about half my apps immediately close upon starting . :unhappy:
Turned off phone, on - no change. Tried to uninstall one app, and reinstall as a test and "uninstalled" app is still claimed to be installed, so won't reinstall a new copy (maybe have to turn phone off again to completely uninstall it?) This will be very frustrating if I have to reinstall all these broken apps! :eck:

edit: yep, had to power off phone to completely uninstall app. Once reinstalled, the test app appears to work ok

Last edited:

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't wait. I ended up reflashing with WDRT as this happened with .36 where no updates were found 1-2 days after being available.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine been fine, bluetooth hasnt missed a beat for me. had BT keyboard, BT mouse, band2 and wireless speaker all going while it was connected to my display dock.

trialling now with a 5GHz wireless network. hopefully no random reboots.

it seems faster, and it seems the battery lasts longer.

my 925 and wifeys 1520 seem to run even better with .71

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05