Suggest a Bluetooth headset to use with my 640 LTE?

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Suggest a Bluetooth headset to use with my 640 LTE

Hi,

can any one using a Bluetooth headset suggest me a good and functionality supported Bluetooth head set to use with my 640?

My needs.

Activate cortana with a press of a button to do stuff while driving n riding bike.
good battery life
Better be on the low to moderate price
should be for both ears - if possible

have a lot here but If I can narrow to a few

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Suggest a Bluetooth headset to use with my 640 LTE

You will have to tap Cortana or the search button since your phone does not have 'hey Cortana
'Mpow Cheetah. You will like the way they fit on or hate it. I like.
works good, announces when you turn it on and off

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

thanks a lot for the input m8! I want the "activate cortana" by pressing a button. then I will look into some high end wired headsets ......

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

There are a lot of wireless Bluetooth headsets that will allow you to activate Cortana by pressing a button. Sorry, not exclusive to wired headsets, and you're more likely to find it easier on Bluetooth.

I've got the Mpow Freego headset, and by long-pressing the multi-function button, it activates Cortana's voice mode. Most bluetooth headsets with a multi-function button will do this.

Take a look for ones with a multi-function button, pull up a PDF manual for it, and see if it supports it.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Xbox 360 Bluetooth headset. I've used it on my L900, L920, and L830 and it works great. Good for gaming and for your phone. It also supports adp2 for music streaming...

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got the Mpow Freego headset, and by long-pressing the multi-function button, it activates Cortana's voice mode. Most bluetooth headsets with a multi-function button will do this. 1

Just picked up a LG Tone Pro headset, and it also works great with Cortana. Never misses. There are more headsets out there that work with Cortana than don't, to be honest.

austinlee685

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

Currently i am using the LG tone+ [hbs 730] and it has been working fine. If you long press the call button it can activate Cortana. However if you pair 2 devices to the headset it will not. Thanks and hope this helps!

On a side note battery life is well over 12 hours with playing music over BT throughout the whole day and paired to an iPhone 5s for work.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Currently i am using the LG tone+ [hbs 730] and it has been working fine. If you long press the call button it can activate Cortana. However if you pair 2 devices to the headset it will not. Thanks and hope this helps!

On a side note battery life is well over 12 hours with playing music over BT throughout the whole day and paired to an iPhone 5s for work.

hey thanks a lot. Im from Sri Lanka n I visited a few shops here and found the same headset, but my gut feeling told me they are all fake. cheap plastic finish etc made me curious! can you kindly post a few pics of the packaging and the headset itself.

I also ordered a "Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition" wired headset for current use since I wasn't satisfied with the genuinity of the bluetooth stuff here

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
My "Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition" arrived today after a long delay. love it! works well with cortana, for now I will stick with this untill I come across a decent bluetooth headset

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I see you ended up wired, but I thought I'd post to show you an excellent option if you change your mind and want to go Bluetooth.

I have the LG Tones Infinim, Harman Kardon edition. The battery will go 10+ hours, they have been excellent from day one. I have had them for almost a year and a half and use them at least 5 days a week at work. The left button press is like pressing the microphone key, as if Cortana is always open. You just need to learn voice commands, or how to get her to reply without displaying a web page answer.
I think they go for close to $200 US, but mine have been worth it for sure.2016_04_19_19_09_54_ProShot.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo