Won a 950 - My Thoughts and Questions

Kai Schrimpf

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I won a 950 through some online sweepstakes.
Received it yesterday.
In a whole I am plugged into the Microsoft Infrastructure, but have been using Android Phones for ages.
I have a Surface Pro 3, use OneDrive and MS Office.
As an existing ATT customer all I needed was a Nano Sim and I was underway.

First impressions :
Really nice looking phone, awesome screen, I don?t see any issue with the build quality as others noted.
Once all the updates where installed I was off the the races.
There are a few core things I use my phone for :

Music Player
That to me is the first and foremost requirement, I use MediaMonkey on my desktop and sync my music to a micro SD. I was not impressed with Groove, installed a few others VLC, MixRadio etc.
All I want is an app that discovers my Music on the SD card and discovers my M3U playlists on the SD card. So far none have worked properly. Any suggestions?
I would also like to ensure my played tracks are scrobbled to Last.Fm, which works seamlessly on Android, are there solutions?

Browsing / Ease of Use
May of the operations are clunky, mainly centered around edge, when entering user credentials I need to ?disable? the keyboard at times to get to the next field. There is no easy tab option. Edge in general seems to crash on occasion and is slow / unresponsive even here on the Windows Central site.

Messaging
Great. Love the Skype integration into the messaging app. Both WhatsApp and Threema are available and working nicely

Apps
I don?t use many, but there are a few that I really would love to see, general smaller local operations so not holding my breath.
FlyCleaners ? Dry Cleaning and Laundy Pickup and Delivery (doesn?t have a website alternative so really hamstrung there)
DOTT Dog Tag ? Bluetooth Virtual Leash for pets.
Seamless ? I have no problem using the website, but an app would be nice

If I cant resolve the Music problem, I may switch back, the rest is minor to me.

Any pointers?

Kai Schrimpf

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you kindly.

This app looks great indeed. Havent figured out the scrobbling yet, i entered the credentials but it doesnt seem to scrobble.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's in the settings. You have to check a box to enable it. I don't scrobble to Last.FM, but I enjoyed the heck out of locally stored scrobble with JukeFox on Android so I understand the want.

KaiserKai

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Did that, i set everything in settings, and it seemed to log in, but when I play mic it doesn't propagate to the Last.fm site.
Will have to play around with it some more, maybe contact the author.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
The Windows Central site is honestly one of the worst out there for bogging down, especially the desktop version. I have to mod my HOSTS file to even use the site on my Surface 3, or any desktop Windows device really.

KaiserKai

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Modern Music was a dead end, couldnt get it to work. But i found Music Locker which works perfectly with last.fm and also lets me import m3u playlists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99