Anyone using 950 inbuilt GPS with Running App?

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hiya,

Is anyone using the Lumia 950's in built GPS with a running app from the MS App Store?

I am wondering how accurate the GPS is any if there is any issues with tracking, connection etc, etc.

I recently owned and loved the MS Band 2 but had to return it to Amazon UK because the strap started to split. I enjoyed what it offered and used the GPS to use on my runs and connected it with the Health App. I am hesitating getting a new one because of the thread I am seeing here that the Band has a habit of splitting and at ?200 I am not prepared to buy something that is likely to break again.

Since moving to the Lumia 950, the running app and connection to running watches or activity bands has been my only issue. I used to use a Polar GPS Watch when running and synced it to my iPhone 5s via the Polar app (which wasn't all that great).

Now I have the Lumia 950 I want to sort out my fitness and running tracking and am trying to decide the best way to do it. I see that there are a number of apps on the app store which Runtastic, Endomondo and Adidas being the highest rated. I think all those 3 apps use the in phone GPS rather than a connection to a GPS or activity tracker.

I listen to music when i run or am in the gym and se a pair of Jaybird X2's which sync perfectly with my Lumia 950, therefore I take it with me when i run regardless of a gps watch etc.

So, I am writing the post to ask what other W10m users use as a running app, tracker, or running app.

Cheers for any advise.

Matt

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
im using caledos runner with my 950, tried runtastic and i prefer caledos.

I also use Caledos, and excellent app with some minor bug. I used it last Oct when I climbed Kilimanjaro, I found some issues:
  • The developer formatted the altitude into 1,234 to save to the GPX file, which is not compatible with GPX format. It should only save 1234 in GPX file.
  • I had very strong GPS signal in the mountain, but the app seems not able to capture data continuously. I opened the saved GPX files (I used it everyday) and found chunks of missing time windows here and there. The worst one is on my summit night, the whole night (7 hours) was not recorded.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I used endomondo and fitbit, on my lumia 930, GPS accuracy is as good if not better than my iPhone 5s. Love the community with endo, interaction with friends through the app,

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077