Loud pitched noise and then phone reboots?

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Okay, this was weird! I was sitting at my desk and all the sudden I hear a high pitched whistle or whine coming from my phone. I picked it up and it is locked. I can't turn it on, I can't turn it off and it just keeps making that noise. A minute later, the noise stops and the phone reboots. I have absolutely no idea what happened or why. Anyone else had this happen or heard of it happening?

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What version OS are you running? I had zero significant issues with my 950xl until the new 71 insider load, and then I have had some reboots, and one lockup when a call was coming in with a really loud constant noise. I had to pull the battery. It only did it one time, and at least in my case I believe it has to do with the new insider load.

nibmat

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue two nights back, i jumped of my bed and tried to switch off the phone but couldnt then i pressed the off button for some time and then it restarted.. thought might be some weird error due to some reason but again this morning the same thing happened.. the only common factor is that it happened while it was on charge.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Had these issues several times now, since .218 of something like that. I did a soft reset and that was that. I think some of the apps do this... Do you guys have Awesome Lock, it is the number 1 suspicious app for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos