.71 Build on Lumia 950 Still Bad, hows your experience?

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
When you update your phone do not install a backup
That's not a solution. That's a work around and should not be the answer to a new flagship device... Seriously, can you imagine Microsoft telling people "Every time we push an update, make sure to start fresh and not use a back up"

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
W10 mobile team has been a disaster. I manage large IT projects and live by the schedule- google PMP...i would been fired.

I can't show off my 950xl to iOS and Android potential converts bc the software on this flagship is half baked crap.
Spent $650 on this. 1.7% is surely getting smaller

Last edited:

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you running .71 or .29? My 950xl was discharging very quickly, 1 minute after unplugged it drain 1% without any use. I'm tempted to using WDRT back to .29.

KylePrince3

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been running almost perfectly since .71 and I'm also on an AT&T branded Lumia 950. With .63 I had random app crashes and reboots at least 4 or 5 times a day, but since .71 I think Messaging has crashed once and the phone hasn't rebooted at all. My battery life is also much better. After a day of heavy use and leaving the screen on for 3 hours while driving yesterday, I have around 27% when I got home at midnight (fully charged from 11am)

CanuckTom

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Must be a 950 issue. Three Insider fast updates in a row on my 920 without so much as a soft reset required. No complaint whatsoever.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Just go back to .29 guys it's way better. It's a shame that it takes long to go from .0 to .29 (especially with the horrible performance at first)

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You are running insider builds... You should get used to workarounds if you are running insider...
Definitely agree with you but these builds are supposed to address bugs, not add features and mess with code. These are the builds that they will consider for public release when Windows 10 Mobile rolls out.. So I Have higher standards. If it was a Redstone preview, I would shut my mouth and deal with it ahahaha.

BTW what are your phone specs, Build, Firmware, locked/ unlocked? saw the awesome battery life you are getting. Do you use whatsapp or Facebook messenger?

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Definitely agree with you but these builds are supposed to address bugs, not add features and mess with code. These are the builds that they will consider for public release when Windows 10 Mobile rolls out.. So I Have higher standards. If it was a Redstone preview, I would shut my mouth and deal with it ahahaha.

BTW what are your phone specs, Build, Firmware, locked/ unlocked? saw the awesome battery life you are getting. Do you use whatsapp or Facebook messenger?

10586.71, 01078.00038.16025.39017, unlocked. :) I don't use Whatsapp, but Kik, Skype and FB Messenger. It's been perfect since launch constantly getting at least 24 hours out of it with heavy usage. :)

Mark de Vries

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Battery drain is something I do not experience....fortunately. However, those random reboots are terrible and make my phone unreliable as a daily driver. A pitty as I like it sooo much. I have a 950 also btw.

cheers,
Mark

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
My 950XL have random restarts now. It worked fine after I bought it, worked fine for few weeks and then restarts started. I joined insider fast ring to get rid of restarts but I still have same problem. I am on .71 now, battery is about same as Before, which is about 10 hours with Heavy usage. After I installed .71 it gets warmer than Before.

ucyimDa_Ruler

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Cons
Random reboots
Slow messaging app - (resuming....resuming...)
Battery life was better last build
Changing music still sputters and looks annoying on the lock screen.
Random apps will just crash on startup. No reason why.
Wifi is just SLOW. I feel that LTE is faster by like a 1000th degree.
Messaging app is eating data plans. (has a work around)
While browsing 9GAG app I was able to invoke a Stack Overflow and Out of Memory exception which took the OS down. That shouldn't happen.

Pros
Fast reboot time - like 10 seconds
Bluetooth is working like a champion in my car. I drive a 2015 F-150 and Bluetooth was ****ty before this build.

These incremental builds better be building up to something good. If nothing has changed by the time BUILD comes around then I'm gone. Redstone looks boring at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers