SD Card getting filled with Apps & Games data.

ilabene

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a 128GB MicroSD card for my Lumia 950 (AT&T) and I ONLY have pictures on the card. I DO NOT even have the pictures in the "Pictures" folder because then the Photos app will never properly update/sync and I DO NOT use the card for Apps & Games but... Every time I check the storage in the Storage settings, it says I have 4GB of Apps & Games data on the card. I check later and it says 7GB of Apps & Games data is on the card. I still have my phone as the default save location for everything. And so I go into that section to see if I can delete anything but it shows nothing to delete. And it keeps increasing. And it continues until it takes up the rest of the space on the card and can't fit anymore data. YES, I know Windows 10 is an unfinished product, I'm just sticking with it, though, but is anyone else having this problem? Also, I notice my phone is constantly burning up because of this.

Franmartin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
You can do some changes in settings. Set "apps downloaded from the store" to move to the memory card.
Swipe left and open All Apps.
? Go to settings
? Go to storage sense
? Tap on phone and let it update the data
? Tap on apps + games
? Select the app by tapping on the app to move to the memory card, and then select move to SD.

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You can do some changes in settings. Set "apps downloaded from the store" to move to the memory card.
Swipe left and open All Apps.
? Go to settings
? Go to storage sense
? Tap on phone and let it update the data
? Tap on apps + games
? Select the app by tapping on the app to move to the memory card, and then select move to SD.
Did you bother to read the issue?
@ilabene I have the same problem. Nothing is stored on my SD card and somehow there is app and game data on it... almost 3 gb worth... so lame. lets see if .107 fixed it.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
just noticed this on my phone, under storage setting on the sd card I have 5gb of apps and games, when clicking on it, it shows there is no apps or games there.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing something similar. after upgrading to w10 build 107 all my apps stored in the card became useless. I use it for everything you can store on it, maps, pictures, apps, docs, everything. I tried formatting the card from the phone and I'm unable to. I removed it and tried from a pc and it doesn't let me do it either. Formatted the phone, also checked the option to format the SD card also and no luck. Reinstalled wp 8.1, tried formatting the card there and still no luck. Reinstalled latest w10 latest build again and nothing. I have a bunch of Gb's of apps on the card and when I check in storage it shows no apps. Pictures can be seen on pictures app but I can't delete them because after deleting them they reappear, same thing with the offline maps data, can't delete it either. Dunno what's the problem. Here I'm using my L1520 with the card in it unable to use it. Any input would be great, thanks....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss