Lumia 950 XL no messaging notifications

d_graeser

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I work technical support for a major wireless carrier. I test out phones constantly. I cannot figure this one out though.
I have the 950 XL and a Microsoft Band 2. I have ran all versions of available software.(Insider previews, etc). Every 3-4 days my notifications stop working for the messaging app.(No live tile, quick reply, ring tone, vibrate, etc)I don't even get them on my Band 2 anymore when this starts happening. I have toggled on and off the messaging notifications, also tried leaving them off to see if it would ask, toggled background sync, turned off Skype for messaging, uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Health and resetup the Band 2, added messaging to battery saver allowed, updated network, etc. The only fix I've found is resetting the entire phone and restoring.(Also tried not restoring but no fix) But again it only lasts 3-4 days then stops again. I have not tried leaving my Band 2 off but am not willing to try since that is not a fix for me. Either this is just some huge annoying bug or I'm doing something wrong. I love this phone and have been using Windows since the good old CE days. First time ever asking anything.

Is there a way to just reset the app itself?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Every 3-4 days my notifications stop working for the messaging app.(No live tile, quick reply, ring tone, vibrate, etc)
Similar problem here, at least right now. I get a text message, I see that there's a notification. I unlock the phone and open the action center. Nothing. I go to the start screen, and the messaging app tile shows '1'. Not sure how to fix it, right now I've tried toggling notifications off-on for the messaging app, hopefully that helps.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Same happened with me on Lumia 1520... Reverted back to 8.1... Battery was like boom every time and now I've all the time to enjoy my phone

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Similar problem here, at least right now. I get a text message, I see that there's a notification. I unlock the phone and open the action center. Nothing. I go to the start screen, and the messaging app tile shows '1'. Not sure how to fix it, right now I've tried toggling notifications off-on for the messaging app, hopefully that helps.

Only hard reset helped me with this on my l1520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos