So... I killed my Icon

DarthVedder

May 21, 2015
Visit site
My Icon had a cracked screen, so I sourced one from eBay (those are expensive BTW). Since it is my secondary phone, I decided to replace it myself.

I managed to get into the board and everything, changed the screen, but while installing the new one I applied too much pressure on it and managed to crack it. I was mad, but well it was just a small crack so no biggie, I can live with it. I assembled the phone and to my delight, now the screen is unresponsive. It starts just fine, but it doesn't recognize touch commands, so I can't unlock it or use it.

Silly me, but I do need a secondary phone and now I have to purchase one. I can't spend more than $150, so I think I will just purchase another Icon and call it a day.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My Icon had a cracked screen, so I sourced one from eBay (those are expensive BTW). Since it is my secondary phone, I decided to replace it myself.

I managed to get into the board and everything, changed the screen, but while installing the new one I applied too much pressure on it and managed to crack it. I was mad, but well it was just a small crack so no biggie, I can live with it. I assembled the phone and to my delight, now the screen is unresponsive. It starts just fine, but it doesn't recognize touch commands, so I can't unlock it or use it.

Silly me, but I do need a secondary phone and now I have to purchase one. I can't spend more than $150, so I think I will just purchase another Icon and call it a day.

Why not buy a lancet or Lumia 735? I brought my icon from Verizon back in December. They had it on prepaid for like 150

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Finding a used ICON for under $150 is not unheard of, I have seen some go for 100-125 depending on shape of course. ebay or swappa...

Brand new, well...now we are talking about something else..

DarthVedder

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Why not buy a lancet or Lumia 735? I brought my icon from Verizon back in December. They had it on prepaid for like 150

Because of the camera. The Icon's camera is just great and I use it all the time at my work and family events.

I got another one from eBay, for just $100 with a cracked back case. The phone is in fine shape and I just replaced the back case with the one I already had.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2