Lumi 950 - Sound notifications only work intermittently

rayray_999

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 950, and I'm not very happy .. I had my previous Lumia for 2.5 years with no issues ..
I'm consistently losing the sound notifications on everything (ie: messaging, alarms, calendar, mail, etc).
I have gone through all of the banner checks, setting everything to "default sound", and consistently having to reset this stupid phone to get the sound to work for only a couple of days, before it goes away again, and I have to go through the process again ...

I only have 7 days left before I can send this back to either get an older Lumia or get an android phone, because at this point I don't even care about continuum.

It seems I'm not the only one having this issue, and want advice if this can be fixed, so that I can make my decision fast ...

Please help!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 950, and I'm not very happy .. I had my previous Lumia for 2.5 years with no issues ..
I'm consistently losing the sound notifications on everything (ie: messaging, alarms, calendar, mail, etc).
I have gone through all of the banner checks, setting everything to "default sound", and consistently having to reset this stupid phone to get the sound to work for only a couple of days, before it goes away again, and I have to go through the process again ...

I only have 7 days left before I can send this back to either get an older Lumia or get an android phone, because at this point I don't even care about continuum.

It seems I'm not the only one having this issue, and want advice if this can be fixed, so that I can make my decision fast ...

Please help!

first of all, what build are you on? Go to settings> system > about> more info. It should show OS build as 10.0.10586.xx

If xx is 0, you need to update your phone quick. There might also be a firmware update for your phone.

Second is are all your apps updated? Especially core apps like messaging, outlook etc?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb