Lumia 1520 Battery Replacement (Malaysia)

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Where can I replace my L1520 battery in Malaysia? My phone is out of warranty and I have to replace my battery since it only last for a couple of hour. Thanks.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Where can I replace my L1520 battery in Malaysia? My phone is out of warranty and I have to replace my battery since it only last for a couple of hour. Thanks.

I got mine on Ebay. About 19 bucks US. Used this video.

One thing though, the old battery won't come away as smooth as in the video. The original battery uses an adhesive to hold it in place so you'll need to slowly pry it away from the phone. Its on there pretty good too. But slowly pull it off the phone. It comes out pretty clean but eat a bowl of your favorite high fiber breakfast cereal before you start.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I got mine on Ebay. About 19 bucks US. Used this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zWUNX0v0s

One thing though, the old battery won't come away as smooth as in the video. The original battery uses an adhesive to hold it in place so you'll need to slowly pry it away from the phone. Its on there pretty good too. But slowly pull it off the phone. It comes out pretty clean but eat a bowl of your favorite high fiber breakfast cereal before you start.

Thanks for your suggestion. How about other adhesive? Before this I watch a video how to change the battery for L1520 but in the video states that some adhesive must been tear off and cannot be used again.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion. How about other adhesive? Before this I watch a video how to change the battery for L1520 but in the video states that some adhesive must been tear off and cannot be used again.
The adhesive stays with the old battery but when you replace it with a new one, I don't feel it is necessary to use glue and mount it to the phone. I suspect they mounted it because its being shipped to stores and customers all over the planet. I don't hear mine move at all since replacing it.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Good luck. You will be surprised how easy it is to replace it. Make sure you have those tiny hex screwdrivers to remove the screw that sits between the two sim slots.
I already prepare all tools needed. Just the battery needed now. Thanks, @Jazmac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12