White 950 now looks grey/brown along edges

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having a greyish/brownish color along the edges of the 950? I've had this phone a little over a month and recently noticed how the white matte no longer looked white in certain areas. I don't use a case so I'm assuming it's because of the matte finish and the normal oil from my hands. I'm coming from a white 1020 and I don't recall this happening to it but couldn't remember if the 1020 had a different finish than the 950.

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Not to worry, grey/brown is the just the start till it eventually turns yellow. That's what happened to my white L920 after 3 years of usage. Thanking my stars I've taken the black L950.

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Haha....thinking I may eventually go for a Mozo back cover or buy a few of the cheaper ones from AliExpress, still very disappointing to say the least!

opusthecat

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I had a white 1520 for two years I think and it never turned any color, perfect white. However my white 950 started turning red and bits of gray from the bandanas I keep in my back pocket with it...MS obviously used a different kind of polycarbonate material for these new phones. I'm hoping, but haven't tried yet, a natural cleaning solvent with remove the coloring happening.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife's white 950 still looks good, but hers is often in her purse. I wonder if the plastic isn't sealed in the same way when it has a matte finish over the glossy finish of the 920.

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've had my white 1020 for 2 1/2 years and it's still perfect white....I agree, the polycarbonate must be different or it doesn't have the "dirt resistant" finish like previous Lumias.

crabby2004

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Surely a warranty issue and ask for a black replacement? It will be because they are finished differently... so it's either that or get a mozo.

crabby

Ecurb87

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I use Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector for the 950. They hold up pretty well and the replacement process was easy when I had to for my M8. Remember to register the protector in order to use the replacement program.

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a 3x3 cm area in the back upper right corner that constantly gets brown (to the right of the camera, where the speaker is). I do not know why, and why ONLY that area gets brown, because that is not the hottest area of the phone (actually is quite a low temperature area when the phone gets hot).

This is a weird situation... I thought it has something to do with my pokets that sometimes has tobacco in them (I'm a smoker) but that is not the case because lately i'm puting the phone with the camera in the upper part, not like I used to and the same area gets brown....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte