How can I clear an SD error?

ShawnC13

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
SD error

Just got an SD card error on my 640 XL. I have shut down removed card startedup, shut down again and put card back in. Gone through the scan of the card and still got the error without apps being available. I have then said no to the sd scan and all apps are avilable and work. It is a sand disk 32GB Class 10 card. Any ideas as to what I can do to clear the error.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: SD error

Usually, SD Card errors are irreversible - they can never be fixed. The good news is that it most probably has been automatically write-protected, so you will be able to copy them off your card before it fails completely.

The most reliable solution here is to buy a new SD Card... or to stay away from SD Cards (especially micro-SD Cards) completely - these pieces of hardware are designed for storage (e.g. photos, videos) with limited number of read-write cycles, not for active use (e.g. for app installation and use) that demands higher number of read-write cycles.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Before your SD card issues? Did you remove it and put it into another device? If not properly ejected, you will have issues. I have a san disk 64 GB class 10 card in my 640 XL & has been flawless ever since storing my photos, music and apps with no issues. At this point, back up all your old files from the faulty card and get a new one to work on your phone.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

I usually go for samsung & transcend branded cards. OP can select PNY, Kingston,ADATA by checking for thorough reviews across multiple sites.
@shawnc13: Is it a notification pointing out "Error found on SD cards and should we fix it", if its a yes, run chkdsk on windows pc by pulling the card out and insert to pc. Wp8.1 locks the card for security and only way to get around it is to forcefully pulling out the card twice to alleviate this issue, yeah w/o safe eject.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

I have to buy a new memory card as well. Both a 32 and 64GB microSD card failed on my 640 XL when they previously worked on my Android powered P8 Lite and Moto G 2015. And yes, I formatted the cards on a PC first. It seemed like, overnight, the capacity on each card went from 32/64GB respectively to only 15MB available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon