Why isn't my Windows Phone 10 being detected by my computer?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Phone 10 is not detected by my computer

Hi Everyone
I can't connect my Lumia 720 (windows 10 build.71) to my windows 10 pc. What should i do ? I had this problem since build .23 but it still continues. I tried number of times restarting, resetting and even hard reset . I tried connecting different usb cables and systems but same result. I can't rollback to windows 8.1 obviously systems & recovery tool can't find my phone. Well Customer care is an option but it costs too much for me at this moment.
I searched in many forms it's seems only few have this kind of issues but there isn't any good solution. This is my daily usage phone so i can't import or export my data to my pc . It's been very hard for me i still haven't given up. I would b very grateful for solving my issue. Thanks for reading and concerning,

MDivyakanth

Anthony Swanholm

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Lumia 830 with Windows 10 build 71. After a hard reset, my computer won't recognize my phone. It does not even show up in device manager. My PC recognizes my Lumia 920 with build Windows 10 (10166.0) just fine. If anybody has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

mdivyakanth

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I found the solution guys. U just need to update ur lumia build 107 . I don't why but after updating my lumia connected to pc without any problems. I tried several restarts and resets still it can be connected to pc . It's not one time thing so don't worry about it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a lumia 535 and its not connecting to PC, The other users here were able to rollback the build to 107 to fix this issue

You can't. Also going back to 10586.107 is going to cause a lot more issues from the bugs that haven't been fixed then.

Anyways, as I said, you can't go back. I would make sure the phone is powered on and past the lockscreen when connecting. If that fails, try a different cable, USB port and computer. Then try to erase your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss