Have Dual Sim phones all been pulled from Microsoft stores?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
We have 2 MS stores here and mid Dec they only had display 950 & 950XL. Funny store clerk described in detail twin SIMs etc and when finally I decided to buy he said: Sorry we don't carry them! Still they have no batteries for 950XL!

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Highly doubt it. Chances are they are just out of stock or the store decided not to stock them based on demand.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got a replacement dual sim 950 XL from the store a couple days ago. So they probably just don't keep many in stock.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Might depend where you are. Some 2G networks are being switched off this year which might mean selling dual-SIMmers isn't a good idea (as the second SIMs all use 2G).

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ok this is what bothers me to no end! I read an article claiming windows phone sales is so low "the lowest its ever been" YEA! cuzz they don't friggin STOCK the bloody phones in the stores!!!!!!! no wonder sales are so poor! you don't have to be a genius to know that! dumbasses LOL

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Exactly, so when there's no 2G network, that SIM won't work anymore.
There's no handset that does dual active 3G.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Might depend where you are. Some 2G networks are being switched off this year which might mean selling dual-SIMmers isn't a good idea (as the second SIMs all use 2G).

can you describe this a bit to me? Windows phones can only use 1 sim for DATA at once. so if you choose Sim1 for data it will use (2G/3G or 4G) depending on the setting you selected. if u switch to Sim 2 it still can use 2G 3G or 4G....

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
can you describe this a bit to me? Windows phones can only use 1 sim for DATA at once. so if you choose Sim1 for data it will use (2G/3G or 4G) depending on the setting you selected. if u switch to Sim 2 it still can use 2G 3G or 4G....
Yep, no probs. Forget about which number slots your sims are in. Only one sim can have a 3/4G connection at a time (be it voice or data). The other sim is then on 2G. Thus when 2G network is turned off, that sim that is running on 2G has no connection (voice or data).

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
In Canada they only sell the dual sim ones. And I believe MS is working on a sim card for data only. That means you could get a cheap pay as you go plan on the first sim and use data from the second.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro