What does HP Elite x3 look like?

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Not too surprising. I think HP is being as hush-hush as possible with this device. My guess is that some of the bigger Windows journalism bigwigs have already been sworn to secrecy with an NDA. Rubino, Mary Jo Foley, Brad Sam's, and Paul Thurott have all been silent on it since the leak.

Yeah. Completely. Windows Central didn't publish the leaks. Neither did Thurrott.com. I'm sure they're aware of it. I'm positive Paul knows about it because he has good connections at HP. He had the Spectre X360 way before it was announced.
The post on WinCentral about MWC was also cagey. I think they have a lot of stuff, but they have to wait until the embargo lifts. They're all legit and care about getting access to OEMs, so they'll not leak and they won't respond to leaks.

If they didn't know about the HP device, they would've at least made a comment about the leaks. Not a pip.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why all the secrecy. Most Microsoft announcements are so low key they may as well spill the beans. It's not like HP is a major player that needs the spotlights and a red carpet event.

DasWindows

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand this either.
Maybe it's fear of failure before the fall.

look at lg and samsung.

With all the leaks not only do they not seem as interesting, the negative comments can't be changed unless it truly out performs expectations even with their shoddy looks or lack of outward change (which is important when you don't have the specs).

Microsoft understands that surprise generates way more praise then leaks. For example the surface book took people by surprise and was largely talked about. Would be way different if it was already expected, unless specs prove to be better then outward appearance.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why all the secrecy. Most Microsoft announcements are so low key they may as well spill the beans. It's not like HP is a major player that needs the spotlights and a red carpet event.

HP might just play the game differently than Microsoft. Stricter NDA's, more PR control, etc...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's HP's first Windows Phone and their first phone since August 2011 saw the release of Pre 3.

You betcha they don't want anyone stealing their thunder. This is a big deal for them.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Going to go back to the subject of the pictures for a second, but remember how the 950 XL got criticized about it's button placement? Look at the X3, the power button's above the volume buttons, and there's no dedicated camera button on the side. Kind of a bummer and weird at the same time.

Just throwing that out there, other than that, I like the looks of it.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks theefman

Here's the HP Elite sitting in its HP 'Desk Dock'

hp_elite_x3_falcon_docked.jpg

and the HP 'Mobile Extender' (12.5", 1kg laptop/monitor-keyboard shell using Elite X3 for processing)

hp_elite_x3_falcon_mobile_extender_laptop_dock_ports_left_side.jpg
hp_elite_x3_falcon_mobile_extender_laptop_dock_keyboard.jpg

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
And...it's gone ...lol
ITpro pulled their article on the HP Elite X3

Looks like it's the quick and the dead w/re to new HP phone news

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto
I'm guessing we'll get the official details tomorrow. Seems the embargoes for everything end on the 21st.
Well it ends at 11:59PM 21st and MWC starts on 22 of February so there's that:)
For me this phone is like HP read all the forums, listened to the grieving of windows mobile users, gathered a team of designers and tech engineers and gave them the golden list.
This phone has it all, high premium audio from B&O, QHD screen, no large bezels at the top and bottom, metalic parts to show it's premium, 2 ways of authentication, a lot of RAM and dual SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs