Side button flex cable is heating

PETAR PODLESANOV

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
My battery is draining very fast with everything switched off and done hard reset. I felt that the phone is always hot (not very very hot) when working and in idle under the power button. First i thought that the battery is faulty , but when I opened the phone I realized that under the power button there is a chip which is on the side button flex cable and that chip is heating. Maybe that is draining my battery.
Is that heating normal??

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That chip if i recall correctly is the flash storage, in terms of excessive heat no that is not particularly normal. As it is the SOC that generates the most heat output. However any electronic component will generate some form of heat output.

Also do you have the black sticky tape on top of the battery?

If not then it would indicate you've got an earlier model.

Lastly are you using a insider build on your phone?

Edit: I've just seen your image, nope that is not flash storage.

It's the GPS, the flex cable is also the GPS antenna. Try turning off location services see if that helps with the battery drain

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is a black sticky tape
I don't use insider build
Everything is turned off
GPS works fine when I use it

Strange, I only know of one occurrence where a freak battery drain occurred on the 1020 (A former colleague's 1020 was acting up and it was a open box but brand new - so ridiculously cheap).

I'm not to sure to be honest, does the drain persist after turning the phone on and off (leaving it idle doing nothing)?

Or occurs after you use a app?

PETAR PODLESANOV

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
The phone shuts down after 6-8 hours staying idle. I have already ordered new battery but I am afraid that the draining will still persist because of this heating

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss