How to use Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.1.6 with BLU Win phones

Rayman_30

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
After some investigation I found out that the following steps let you recover your BLU Win phone:

Do not connect your BLU to your computer.
Start the Windows Device Recovery Tool and select 'My Phone is not detected'.
Choose your model in the Recovery Tool and follow the prompts. It will download the correct image (may take a little while....depends on your connection)
When the download is finished the Recovery Tool will tell you to turn off your phone.
Push on/off button untill the phone vibrates. When the phone vibrates immediately push volume up. Release when you see a flash icon. NOW connect your phone and the Recovery Tool will send the image to the phone! :wink:

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Make sure your phone model matches the ROM image. The ROM for the x150q will flash onto the x150e, most things will function, BUT the phone services won't work.
Hopefully msoft will provide support for all variations of win HD LTE soon.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your phone model matches the ROM image. The ROM for the x150q will flash onto the x150e, most things will function, BUT the phone services won't work.
Hopefully msoft will provide support for all variations of win HD LTE soon.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Thanks for confirming that. It's a shame it touches the radio firmware... And I'm sorry about your X150E. :(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WDRT is NOT giving HD LTE the latest official. It reverted me to Release: 8.1 Update.

wp_ss_20160216_0001.jpg

There was immediately an update available which was just a small revision (applied and it wasn't Update 2). I now have Update 2 waiting to download, but I'm holding off to see what Insider tells me.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
So my computer doesn't detect the phone. I followed the instructions, but it doesn't flash it. Device Manager shows unknown device. I've tried all 4 usb ports. Not sure what else...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So my computer doesn't detect the phone. I followed the instructions, but it doesn't flash it. Device Manager shows unknown device. I've tried all 4 usb ports. Not sure what else...

Try this:

Download the USBDeview utility: View any installed/connected USB device on your system and extract the folder.

Right click the .exe and Run as Admin. Delete any USB drivers that look associated with the BLU. Especially and including the Qualcomm_Composite_Device driver. For good measure you could delete any Nokia/Lumia tagged drivers as well, though that should not be necessary.

Then plug the BLU into your USB and let it load a fresh set of drivers. Use the factory cable if at all possible. I don't think I have to tell you not to use a hub, but I'll drop that here for any n00bs reading later.

s3rgei

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Good night
I have the same problem. My w510u crash after several reboots by batery dead. Now the terminal is a brick with a bootloop show a sad face graphical over blue screen. Can't connect to 2 diferents w10 64. I must try to do this on another S.O. like w7 by example. Try the method of the first post unsuccessful.
WDRT fails after the first time. I am clueless. The entire boot partition can be lost?, How can I access it to reflashing ?.
I've been looking for all weekend some idea without success. It could be a problem with the driver or with the electronic connection terminal ?
I've found many flashing methods, until firmwares stock but without the ability to connect it, anything I can do.
Thank you very much for your help.
Sorry by my english, I speak Spanish.

Last edited:

SadiqueAk

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Urgent help !!
Any BLU win HD LTE users here ??
I just want to rollback to 8.1 using WDRT but i dont have strong wifi to download package ..but i found a FFU file on a site and i download it .. And i installed WDRT on pc and pasted ffu into package folder. But there's few files missing in the folder ..in any Blu win HD LTE users here and used WDRT..it would be helpful if u send those missing files by zip
Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett