Blu win hd lte insider builds

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
As the recovery tool now supports our blu win hd lte how many of you have tried the insider builds??

please share your experiences here..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm testing the WDRT right now... Then on to Insider. Although it would appear from other reports they are not letting BLU into the program as of yet.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the WDRT will allow for the Insider builds - meaning where you're using it to restore your phone, maybe then it will let it be prompted for an update through Insider. Believe me I've checked all four build services for an update - Production, Release Preview, Slow Ring, and Fast Ring. Nothing yet...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WDRT resets the phone to Release, not latest official. I got 8.1 Update... Insider would not let me pass as I "had an update pending" (Update 2). I'm applying that right now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Correction. It wasn't Update 2. Just an incremental update. Not sure what it changed.

I now have Automatic download turned off. I see Update 2 waiting to download but will try Insider again first.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After clean install (no backup restored) and the updates... I only have 3.17 GB free. Deleting bloat now. Aren't you advised to have 4 GB free space to install Previews?

Deleted all Uninstallable Apps. Deleted the one pic (screen shot) and SMS messages. Gives me 4.01 GB. Soft Reset.

Insider > Get preview builds > Insider Release Preview > accept > "Your Phone is Ready to get..." > App Closes. (Retry gets "Can't configure, you are already applying an update - waiting does not help nor does checking for updates. There is no update applying and none is found.)

No dice... I'll play more later.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can only try again after a reboot... Soft Reset leaves me with "already applying an update" error. I can't get in at any Preview level.

But It should be coming if the WDRT has our recovery. I'll keep checking.

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I think support for blu phones with wdrt was just made to ensure if something goes wrong during windows 10 mobile upgrade process then ppl can revert back to their old roms i.e 8.1

since the upgrade is just days away there is no point in providing insider builds for blu...instead ms would provide redstone builds i.e build no 14xxx onwards to blu and others...once they are aboard with windows 10 mobile...because those are the builds with new features and everything....so I guess we wont be getting any insider builds as of now...but once the upgrade is done we might be getting the redstone builds....what do you guys think??

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I think support for blu phones with wdrt was just made to ensure if something goes wrong during windows 10 mobile upgrade process then ppl can revert back to their old roms i.e 8.1

since the upgrade is just days away there is no point in providing insider builds for blu...instead ms would provide redstone builds i.e build no 14xxx onwards to blu and others...once they are aboard with windows 10 mobile...because those are the builds with new features and everything....so I guess we wont be getting any insider builds as of now...but once the upgrade is done we might be getting the redstone builds....what do you guys think??

Agreed, its a 'lifesaver' tossed out so that Blu can support any phones that fail during the update to WM10.

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
even though eu version has 8gb but still blu has not promised an upgrade to win jr lte unlike win hd lte...so there wont be any upgrade happening for win jr lte...sorry mate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo