Does low battery cause distortion in recorded sound?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recorded a very important video with Lumia 535 and the Lumia Camera app. It's duration is about one hour. When I watched the video I was horrified to hear that from about 30 minutes on the sound goes distorted. The sound is distorted regardless of whether I'm listening it from the phone or from PC through VLC or Quicktime players. So probably it's not about the playback but there's something wrong about the video file.

What may have caused this and how to prevent it from happening again? The only thing I can think of is that the phone had low battery. In the end of the recording the phone said it had low battery and that the recording would be stopped. But the sound turns distorted 30 minutes before the phone stopped to record.

Any ideas on what's going on?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest making two things sure:
- make sure your phone is fully charged, or that it is connected to a charger
- make sure that you have over 2GB space in your SD Card or Phone (whichever you use to store your Camera files).

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99