anyone know how to turn off the forced "wifi-calling" connection?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile has always bragged about wifi calling enabled phones, and this phone is a Tmobile phone so now it seems like they are forcing us to use wifi calling. the problem with me is, I like to use tmbile network for calling because it is much more reliable in my area than my own wifi. I use my wifi for browsing the web. I'm trying to get rid of it but the wifi calling app is not there, and ther's no option to turn it off under settings. I have to completely turn off wifi to get rid of wifi calling.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Wifi calling can be disabled under settings by going to the options for the SIM scrolling down to WiFi calling and turning it off.

Sent from mTalk

Kenneth Moody

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I notice it switch to wifi calling on its own and I never turnt it on myself, fortunately I can never tell the difference between the two unless I look at the signal icon, but all call problems always stem from wifi calling and a bad wifi network, but I rarely have issues with wifi calling

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
We need it here with the poor cell signal :(
At least with WM10 calls over wi-fi don't freeze the phone like it did quite often with my 925.

its funny you brought this thread back up. after my whole alcatel debacle (which works now by the way, it just needed to get charged andn ow the whole screen is turned on), I started using lumia 635 and with windows 8.1, I forgot how to access the wifi-calling to turn it off. I had to download the app to turn it off.

But now that my alcatel fierce xl is back, I can shove lumia 635 back in the drawer as my back up phone. great phone, but tiny screen. :D

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
oh yea. I really don't know what had happened. I just came from a Tmobile store this morning to try and get it traded or resolved, but they had to sell me a new one because I didn't have insurance on it. I almost bought a new one. Then I went on ebay and looked for Lumia 830, there are some for $90 refurbished and I almost jumped on it.

I got the alcatel and tried to charge it again today and BAM!! I'm gonna watch the phone for awhile though, it might play tricks on me again.

If it does, I may get a Lumia 640. same size, and still manageable for $50 bucks.

Erica Miller

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
with the latest windows 10 build are people still having issues with wifi calling being turned on..
Do you know for sure rather this is software or hardware?
i have had mine for 2 weeks now and i keep getting dropped calls. what i have figured out is it keeps turning wifi calling on by itself even when i am not at home. every time it finds a open wifi network..
so t-mobile give me a replacement phone today hoping its hardware ..
Any Thoughts???

mannysauntj

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
with the latest windows 10 build are people still having issues with wifi calling being turned on..
Do you know for sure rather this is software or hardware?
i have had mine for 2 weeks now and i keep getting dropped calls. what i have figured out is it keeps turning wifi calling on by itself even when i am not at home. every time it finds a open wifi network..
so t-mobile give me a replacement phone today hoping its hardware ..
Any Thoughts???

added content for handle

Last edited by a moderator:

Kcnewf2

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Wifi calling can be disabled under settings by going to the options for the SIM scrolling down to WiFi calling and turning it off.

Sent from mTalk

Thanks for the tip. This wifi calling feature is annoying as heck if you start a phone on Wifi and move outside router range. The call simply goes dead or me un this scenario.

Erica Miller

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
i had to get on the release candidate from insider program to fix this from coming on by itself on my phone.. it was making wifi calling even turned off.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. This wifi calling feature is annoying as heck if you start a phone on Wifi and move outside router range. The call simply goes dead or me un this scenario.

Just bought my mother a t-mobile version. Wi fi calling comes on automatically and phone does not have the option for wifi calling any where that I can find.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers