New 950 XL owner

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I finally got the phone I wanted. I was with a Lumia Icon and Verizon for a couple years and then moved to a new dual sim 950 XL. I would have grabbed a single sim if I have a choice but there wasn't that choice available when ordering from the Microsoft Store.

Anyways, I moved from the Icon to the XL, with one issue being Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection issues. It seemed on the Icon, Wi-Fi was a constant issue, especially if both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were both connected. But just with Wi-Fi, it seemed inconsistent; always disconnecting randomly, having to restart my phone daily. In the end, I was constantly blowing threw my awesome 3gb of allowed data usage. This was using the latest Preview version of Windows 10 mobile.

With the 950 XL, the same issue seems to occur. However, I should give it more time to, I don't know, "collect data", or "grow a little", before assuming its a phone/OS issue. It's only been a few days so far and much less with an actual active Sim in the phone.

Has anybody noticed a Wi-Fi connection issue? Has it gotten better? Should I just give that darn thing more time to sort itself out?

Does Wi-Fi calling work with the dual sim yet? (T-Mobile)

Is anyone still able to get the display dock with their phone?

Otherwise, I'm really happy with the new phone. The other issues I've had have all been ironed out, or have yet to show themselves. Hopefully some really cool stuff keep coming up in the future.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
WiFi issues are very tricky because they very much also depend om your ISP or other ISP WiFi providers around city. Try to connect at a place where you have choice of connecting to any of several WiFi systems and then check phone behavior. On my 950XL WiFi behavior is same as on couple of PCs that I can see problem been always from WiFi provider until now.:evil:

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Congrats on the new phone. I haven't had the wifi issue yet and I connect regularly to 5GHz at home. I've only recently gotten my 950XL and love it.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I finally got the phone I wanted. I was with a Lumia Icon and Verizon for a couple years and then moved to a new dual sim 950 XL. I would have grabbed a single sim if I have a choice but there wasn't that choice available when ordering from the Microsoft Store.

Anyways, I moved from the Icon to the XL, with one issue being Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection issues. It seemed on the Icon, Wi-Fi was a constant issue, especially if both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were both connected. But just with Wi-Fi, it seemed inconsistent; always disconnecting randomly, having to restart my phone daily. In the end, I was constantly blowing threw my awesome 3gb of allowed data usage. This was using the latest Preview version of Windows 10 mobile.

With the 950 XL, the same issue seems to occur. However, I should give it more time to, I don't know, "collect data", or "grow a little", before assuming its a phone/OS issue. It's only been a few days so far and much less with an actual active Sim in the phone.

Has anybody noticed a Wi-Fi connection issue? Has it gotten better? Should I just give that darn thing more time to sort itself out?

Does Wi-Fi calling work with the dual sim yet? (T-Mobile)

Is anyone still able to get the display dock with their phone?

Otherwise, I'm really happy with the new phone. The other issues I've had have all been ironed out, or have yet to show themselves. Hopefully some really cool stuff keep coming up in the future.

Congrats. You'll like it. Unfortunately, you can no longer take advantages of the free Display Dock offer. It can only be claimed using the Lumia Offer apps, which you should download and install immediately. You can claim 1yr free Office 365 Personal, which includes 1TB of One Drive storage.

No wifi issue ever on my 950XL. Have an Apple Airport Extreme.
No wifi calling, most likely never ever. I just use Viber, or Skype, or the many social apps available now. What app gap?

Some tips.
- set it up as a NEW phone and do not restore from backup. known to have issues
- configure Hey Cortana in her Notebook
- configure Sign-in option for iris scanner if that's your thing. Note, that Cortana cannot unlock the phone for you, especially when driving
- while it does have qi wireless charging, it's hard to use it with your hand while charging. I've reverted back to wired charging.
- get a really good case for it, lest you drop it and crack the screen. I've dropped mine a few times already on tile and asphalt. Good as new.
- invest in a good large capacity micro SD card, I heard the phone only goes up to 25MB/s for the micro SD slot. Up to 2TB capacity limitation
- invest in additional chargers and long USB-C cables of all lengths and types, just in case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077