What has happened with WiFi on the 950

PeterGBR

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I used a 930 with no problem for a year and would get WiFi all over the house, (not a big house)
Just over a month ago upgraded to the 950 and have no problem with the phone whatsoever, apart from the WiFi on it is the pits. Walk upstairs and have to switch off WiFi and use 4g which is ok but is using my data allowance. I just wonder is this a common problem.

Look forward to any suggestions.

Pete

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
That is odd. I can't talk about the difference between the 930 and 950, but I had the 925 before my 950, so I hope you'll forgive the model comparison. I found that the 950 seems (anecdotally) to be the same or better in any position in my home, and I have an older home of decent size, and odd wiring placement. I actually joked that it got better signal than my laptop in one particular spot. Do you perchance have a case, or non-default cover on it? Something weird that may explain the discrepancy? Any change to the WiFi environment?

PeterGBR

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the reply, no the case is as supplied, i have a flip open leather case, but had this on the 930 as well with no noticeable drop in WiFi.
The surface Pro i use has no problem whatsoever anywhere in the house, strange thing is that WiFi is there but wont work when upstairs, have tried a router reset and manually setting to a different channel, no difference.I am also running the latest S/W on the phone.
Pete

Frank 1234

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I noticed that the WiFi suddenly started dropping around the same time the battery life improved a little, following an update. I wonder whether Microsoft managed to "improve" the battery life by simply reducing the WiFi signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077