Persistent facebook notification

firesolstice

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Just switched back to WP10 :love: after using androind for a couple of years after my old Lumia 920, but I noticed one annoying thing that is still around that I didn't manage to fix on my 920 either.

What annoys me is the Facebook tile that show the number of notifications (I'm guessing) you have waiting on the start screen and the fact that it doesn't reset after I've opened the app and looked at my notifications. Is there some setting I've missed or is the live tile just plainly dumb?

So far today it's shown "12" notifications all day... even though I've checked them, although a couple of times before that notification on the icon dissappears but I have no idea what I did to make it go away besides randomly click around on _everything_ in the app.

Any ideas? :straight: I've been searching through the forums and googling but not really found anything that answers my question.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Any ideas? :straight: I've been searching through the forums and googling but not really found anything that answers my question.
Last I had seen was - I open FB from app list and check all, live tile count still remains same. Next time I click on live tile, that opens FB, I checked it and close - with that count resets to 0 and goes away. You might want to check that way?

firesolstice

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Last I had seen was - I open FB from app list and check all, live tile count still remains same. Next time I click on live tile, that opens FB, I checked it and close - with that count resets to 0 and goes away. You might want to check that way?

I did try opening through the live tile to no effect, so far I've only got it to rest by randomly opening and clicking around in the facebook app.

flitzpiepe666

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I wasnt able to solve that, but found a solution now:
download the Facebook beta app (maybe u have to look for it on the browser to get the right URL that sends u to the store - I wasnt able to find it in the store directly).
I am not sure if it works with the normal app, too now - but I definatly know that the beta is a good working Thing:

if it Shows u the amount of notifications and a text instead of ur Facebook Picture, just Long press the back-button and Close the Facebook (beta) app manually, after that open it again and wait for the new post to be loaded, go back to ur win10 start Screen - there u go, Facebook Picture and no number on the live-tile!

firesolstice

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I wasnt able to solve that, but found a solution now:
download the Facebook beta app (maybe u have to look for it on the browser to get the right URL that sends u to the store - I wasnt able to find it in the store directly).
I am not sure if it works with the normal app, too now - but I definatly know that the beta is a good working Thing:

if it Shows u the amount of notifications and a text instead of ur Facebook Picture, just Long press the back-button and Close the Facebook (beta) app manually, after that open it again and wait for the new post to be loaded, go back to ur win10 start Screen - there u go, Facebook Picture and no number on the live-tile!

Thanks! I'll give the Beta app a shot and see if I experience the same thing there. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos