Lumia 950's current status, how much did it get better since its release?

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, now that Lumia 950 is also released here in Turkey, I was wondering how far did Lumia 950 come in terms of completeness and stability. When it first came out it was, by a lot of reviewers, considered as a "prematurely" released phone.
  • Battery life was disappointing for a lot of people
  • Iris scanner was slower than people anticipated before release and missed a lot and people were saying "I end up entering pin anyway"
  • There were a lot of people complaining about random restarts
  • There were a lot of people complaining about apps crashing more frequently than a usual phone experience
  • Also Bluetooth connection was unstable for some
I gathered these complaints from following the forum topics and watching almost all the video review on Youtube. Almost 3 full months passed since release and several firmware and OS updates has been released. The latest insider build is also released to non-insiders yesterday which also has several more fixes.

Unfortunately, I know that double tap to wake feature has not come and no news on that other than people's hope.

So, how much of the above issues are fixed? Fill free to add other issues that I cannot remember that are fixed or not fixed. I kinda want a "late" review of this phone.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone at launch in india...i never had any issues...thou there were software bugs...now after soo many updates and new firware...the phone is more than perfect...camera is excellent...very fast...iris scanner takes less then 2 secs to unlock...battery life is very good...phone is very stable..i think u can buy without any problem now...

Posted via the Windows Central App on Limited edition Lumia 950 or Lg g4
Surface pro 4 lumia 1020, 535 moto e

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
i got a dual sim here from europe before it was launched in the UK. its ok but nowhere as near as stable as my 640 running 8.1 man i miss that phone. battery life was stonking, the 950 is just stupid, its not even lasting a day with everything shut down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon