Outlook Calendar live tile problem

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

The live tile in outlook calendar app doesn't show the day/date. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Anyway to rectify it?

I'm in non-insider, running the latest build .107 with the updated firmware, L950.

i_hiker

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I did a Slow Ring update a few days ago and experienced the same. Soft reboot did not fix the issue. I had other issues as well including no messaging notifications. I went through the 950, exploring every menu option, resetting some and rebooting a few times as well. Finally, the 950 seems to have settled down with the new OS and all is well with the best battery life I've had so far! Also, I use Calendar + Pro live tile as it displays next 3 appointments.

Check your settings...reboot...and see what happens.

jacknewp

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I have this prob once in a while on my ATT 950. I read somewhere here that if you send yourself an email from one address to another on your phone it fixes itself, I tried it and it works. Have done it a couple times to get the live tile back working. Hope it works for you as well.....

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Try changing your time zone to a different one, soft reset, then change it back to your correct time zone.

I find it ridiculous that this is happening with nob-insider builds released to the public. It has been one of multiple reasons forcing me to hard reset as an insider, if changing time zones and adding calendar events don't work.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem starting a few days ago, but creating new event caused the tile to update. After deleting the event the tile started displaying the date again.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem starting a few days ago, but creating new event caused the tile to update. After deleting the event the tile started displaying the date again.

Creating a bogus event & then deleting it, has rectified the issue. Now the date and day is displayed in the live tile. Thanks for sharing!

A quick & easy thing to get rid of this stupid bug even in the non-insider build. Shame on you MSFT that you can't even rectify this "simple" live tile update issue for your own outlook calendar app!

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have this prob once in a while on my ATT 950. I read somewhere here that if you send yourself an email from one address to another on your phone it fixes itself, I tried it and it works. Have done it a couple times to get the live tile back working. Hope it works for you as well.....

Yes indeed my AT&T branded L-950 running OS running .107 via Windows Insider Preview Release Ring...firmware: 010708.00017.15454.xxxx....when the tile acts up....(MS Servers issues)....then I immediately send a email from my Gmail account to my Outlook account.....works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99