Lumia 950 firmware changeable?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I purchased a lumia 950 from china and brought back to UK, the performance overall is good,

however there are 2 annoying things with this phone are:
1. there are some chinese apps installed by default, they can be deleted so that isn't so bad.
2. when i receive a phone call, it automatically display a chinese place under the phone number, assuming that's one of the feature that phone display where the call is from. but it doesn't work in UK and there is no way to change the region or turn it off. (tried to factory reset it, then all the chinese apps are reinstalled again)

so is there a way to turn that feature off? or install a firmware for different region (e.g. UK, US firmware)?

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I purchased a lumia 950 from china and brought back to UK, the performance overall is good,

however there are 2 annoying things with this phone are:
1. there are some chinese apps installed by default, they can be deleted so that isn't so bad.
2. when i receive a phone call, it automatically display a chinese place under the phone number, assuming that's one of the feature that phone display where the call is from. but it doesn't work in UK and there is no way to change the region or turn it off. (tried to factory reset it, then all the chinese apps are reinstalled again)

so is there a way to turn that feature off? or install a firmware for different region (e.g. UK, US firmware)?

lumiafirmware.com this will help you a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss