Anyone having issues with Hello on Lumia 950?

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
The Hello unlocking mechanism is not really efficient. Most of the time it doesn't recognize my eyes and I click on the keyboard and the phone unlocks. Which means it's not really working. I turned it off and now using regular pin. Safer...

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The iris recognition improved signifigantly for me after the previous insider build (.96?). So current build .107 should be good. There are hardware issues with Hello. My second 950 failed after a few days (red light never went on). As long as you can improve recognition (settings->..sign-in options -> improve recognition under window hello.

Does your red light always turn on? Have you performed a few rounds of improve recognition in different lighting conditions?

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
The red light goes on and it works 70% of the time. 30% it says look closer and then doesn't recognize. I updated my phone today but did not check Hello. I will try to activate it again and preform a few rounds of improve recognition..

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
When you set up the iris scanner. Go to require sign in, it defaults at 15 min. If you set it up for" every time" the scanner and number pad will come on if you try to swipe up getting in from your lock screen.
Had the same issue yesterday.

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Yea I figured that out as well while I was writing this post. I had it on every 15 minutes. That is why regardless of scanner the phone would open. Now I changed it to every-time. I also updated the phone. Scanner works excellent. It barely doesn't recognize me...
Thanks..

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yea I figured that out as well while I was writing this post. I had it on every 15 minutes. That is why regardless of scanner the phone would open. Now I changed it to every-time. I also updated the phone. Scanner works excellent. It barely doesn't recognize me...
Thanks..

Your welcome

Warren Kalu

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I own 950xl my iris scanner was working before but I had issues with my front camera that was not coming up when switch always telling you to make sure no app is making use of the camera. so I did a hard reset since then if I try to set up iris scanner it always tell there is a problem I should go from windows hello and try again. now my front camera is not working including my iris scanner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss