Lumia 950 good phone - horrible apps

dalemcc

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Just thought i would share my experience of the Lumia 950, I was very excited for the 950 coming out. I received my phone had to do a hard restart to even get the phone to turn on initially which i have to be honest i thought was a joke. I have since had over a month with the phone and must say i really like the actual phone itself however my biggest bugbear is the applications on the Windows store. Even the basic applications such as Spotify, Twitter or Facebook are terrible. For example within the twitter app i cannot view any gif's they simply look like pictures, Facebook does not update and show the most recent content (even when changing the setting within the app to do so) and Spotify is terribly slow.

Like i have said i really like the hardware however the applications are absolutely horrendous. :cry:

Rob Reynolds

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I disagree too. There are more than enough apps for my needs, the phone is great and the latest update seems to be working really well. Guess you can't please everyone....

blackburberry

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I like the phone - a lot.
Just received and installed the most recent OS update yesterday. Hoping it would correct a couple of things, but one in particular. Apps like Acrobat Reader and PowerPoint can't seem to find and play files through their directory to the SD card. I have to find the file first then choose the app to play it. Hmm..I don't think it's the card. On the topic of apps, running a converted wmv file through groove forced a restart of the device.
Lastly, would love to find a way to "see" the phone while connected to a Mac.

PS Edge seems to render pages better now.

Last edited:

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
not horrible but certainly notas good as their ios counterparts, for example i created a video on the 950 and wanted to upload it to Facebook and the app choked on it and would not do it, then I tried uploading it to the one drive app and that failed. I had to go to my iphone and it did it without a hitch, I live with it tho cause i like win OS so muchh

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
not horrible but certainly notas good as their ios counterparts, for example i created a video on the 950 and wanted to upload it to Facebook and the app choked on it and would not do it, then I tried uploading it to the one drive app and that failed. I had to go to my iphone and it did it without a hitch, I live with it tho cause i like win OS so muchh

Exactly what the OP is feeling. Not quantity complaint, quality.

Vitor Ferreira

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Apps like facebook and Spotify really need an update! But its pretty nice to pin playlist from spotify on your start screen or facebook groups.

WP has really good apps too like Mytube, Readit for reddit, 6tag and etc.

Martin Langsholt

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
The phone itself is great but some key apps are really lagging behind. Facebook is not up to par with it's android and ios siblings and Spotify desperately needs an update.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I've just ditched my 950 found it very disappointing, after owning may other lumias 800,900,920,925,1020,930 the apps aren't getting any better neither is windows 10. I've just switch over to a xiaomi mi4c and I must say all my app & OS issues have been resolved, sadly I wish I don't it years ago.

In some cases (I hate to say) I've found the Ms apps to work better than they do on wm10, also other apps I used on wm are 100 better on the Android version.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs