Is Cortana working for you on 930?

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
On build .107 of Windows 10 Mobile and even after a hard reset (on battery) Cortana works so far but very often when I try to use the assistant via voice the app crashes and I am back on Start. Writing text messages is almost impossible at times as Cortana vanishes in between commands or during recording my speech.

Could there be a hardware issue? Or more probably a software one? Microphone works and Cortana crashes only (if I am not mistaken) after a longer push of the magnifier button (readying it for voice input).

Correction: It also happens when I simply try to create a reminder with typing. Is Cortana really so buggy or am I just unlucky?!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Its still pretty buggy for me on a 635. Still crashes a lot. Pretty embarrassing if you're using voice commands and other people notice the trouble you're having.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
After reinstalling everything from the scratch with windows device recovery tool and updating the firmware to the newest version I am again at the point that Cortana crashes frequently when I try to use voice commands or to create a reminder.
Oh well ...

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Uhm, sometimes everything is ok. Then simply pushing the record button would crash Cortana. And a few hours ago I needed four tries to set an alarm.
Often it is the same with setting up a reminder.
I do not know how I could prevent this from happening.

I would try to reinstall everything but that is what I did and I do not want to do it again and again till it works -- maybe.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Ok, it seems I found out what the culprit is for me: disabling Cortana and re-enabling seem to lead to an instability of the assistant.

Everything worked for me after refreshing my phone with windows device recovery tool and upgrading to the current build of Windows 10.

But now I disabled Cortana out of curiosity and enabled it again and now it is unstable again.

Sad story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett