Loss of contact list in my Lumia 550, what can I do?

skyebeardie

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
loss of contact list on lumia 550

My new lumia 550 Windows phone will not let me see anything in the contact 'people' view. Press on the 'People' Icon and all I get is a black blank screen. I cannot add new contacts or search my contacts and is a complete pain. If I want to add a received or dialed number to my list I can't - there is simply no option to do it. There are lots of threads on the web about this but I can see no description to fix the problem. Must I take it back to the shop - it looks like it is a recurring problem in the phones. The only way to see who is in my contact list is to open a text message and type each letter of the alphabet in and see what comes up which is incredibly unhelpful. What can I do ...

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: loss of contact list on lumia 550

The initial software installed on the Lumia 550 is out of date. The apps that are included with the Lumia 550 are beta versions with many bugs and glitches. Replacing your 550 with a new handset will result in the same problem without performing software updates.

Your best option is to fully update the software to a point where it is fully working.

Update the OS software to the latest version (10586.107) by going to 'settings' then update. The update will take a while to install.

After installing the update, perform a hard reset (this will erase all user data) by going to 'settings', then 'system', then 'about', then 'reset'.

When the reset is complete you will need to set-up the phone again as if from new.

Make sure you log-in to a Microsoft (outlook, Hotmail...etc) account when setting up the phone, you will need one in order to update the system apps.

Once the phone is set up, go to the 'Store' app. In the store app go to 'Downloads and Updates', then click on the 'check for updates' button.

There will be over 30 app updates to install for all system apps (phone, people, messaging...etc). Let the phone update all of the apps.

Your phone should then work correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs