950 XL Wallpapers

phstratton

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
What's the trick to having a properly located and spaced background for the 950xl? Every picture that I try with is in the center when I set it, and then off center once I go to the start screen. I've even tried the OneStart app to format the pictures but they're still off center. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You still have to guess, but I managed to almost perfectly centre a 'symmetric' wallpaper. The thing is, your wallpaper is actually larger than your screen, because you can slide to the right. So while setting your wallpaper, you get this ?rop-grid', you know what I mean? to select the edges of your wallpaper. Now make sure the centre of your wallpaper is just right of the left vertical line.

I was wondering somehting related: whats the ideal resolution for a wallpaper? Since the wallpaper is larger than the screen, I was thinking the image sould be larger than the screen resolution... but just how much?

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
You still have to guess, but I managed to almost perfectly centre a 'symmetric' wallpaper. The thing is, your wallpaper is actually larger than your screen, because you can slide to the right. So while setting your wallpaper, you get this ?rop-grid', you know what I mean? to select the edges of your wallpaper. Now make sure the centre of your wallpaper is just right of the left vertical line.

I was wondering somehting related: whats the ideal resolution for a wallpaper? Since the wallpaper is larger than the screen, I was thinking the image sould be larger than the screen resolution... but just how much?
I noticed the same thing. the wallpaper is not only wider but also taller than the screen because you can slide not only horizontally but also vertically the home screen. my guess: the optimal width of wallpaper is definite but the optimal height of wallpaper is NOT definite because different home screen layouts have different heights.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about that. I had the feeling that when I had many icons on my start screen, the wallpaper would move 'slower' than if I had less icons. As if the wallpaper itself had a fixed with and that was compensated by the speed of the animation. But I'm not entirely sure about it. Still wondering what the perfect resolution should be :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre