Why is my lumia 550 not charging after the latest insider update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So the after I installed the insider fast ring update that came out today the phone refuses to charge or connect to the PC via the USB cord. I have already tried resetting it. Any ideas?

Ouail Aouattah

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
OK GUYS, found the solution:

USE WDRT, when the Microsoft logo boot appears connect your phone, then download the firmware, when the download finishes click the next button, if WDRT does not recognize your device choose close, then do the same process again and the app will proceed to install the firmware package.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
""1. Start WDRT, select "device not listed bla bla" and Lumia
2. Turn off the phone Vol - & + and hold the powerbutton. With that it will be in some kind of bootloop.
3. Check WDRT and it will see the phone and software.
4. Reinstall and it is done. Got .107 back"

Just ran across another similar way to charge them up.

?If your Lumia 550 is really low on battery, switch your phone into flashing mode by turning your phone off first and press power button and then volume up until you see a lightning bolt on your phone?s screen. This will allow your Lumia 550 to charge. You should let it charge a bit before using the Windows Device Recovery Tool to roll back to Build 10586.?

First Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Build Breaks Down Charging on Lumia 550

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
A pretty good solution is to also read the disclaimer for the Insider program... It clearly states to not use on daily driver phones. MS continues to do this to themselves by allowing the "dont know any better, have to have the latest" public in on the program. Stop, guys, just stop. Leave the testing to actual programmers, or buy a cheap lumia to play with on Insider. Zero sympathy at this point...

robjames7

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I tried the charging while on flash screen method several times today, but couldn't get battery beyond 4% before phone would reboot itself and then go flat. I stayed in the fast ring by mistake, gutted now as effectively have a bricked phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel