Noises with Qi Wireless Charging

Sebastian Palombi

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a very quiet ticking/fizzing noise when charging there phone with Qi. I use a fatboy charger that is completely supported by Nokia (it came bundled with the phone and has Nokia all over the box) so I know its not a compatability issue but im concerned that it is damaging my battery every time I charge up my phone wirelessly. It was one of those things that took me a while to notice, but once I did I could never unhear the faint ticks of the phone charging. I just wanted to see if it was happening to others as well or if its just me and maybe I need to get a new charger. Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Nokia's DT-900 wireless chargers for over 3 years with my Lumia 720 and 830 but have never noticed any sound whatsoever. They're the same chargers as you are using in the Fatboy so to me it sounds like a one off problem. What phone are you charging on the Fatboy?

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had this, but it fixed itself. Later, on another forum, I read that some guy had this problem and fixed it by pressing the battery in better.

That may be it, my phone fixing itself is not as weird if it was just a loose battery.

Worth a try

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I get this with an L830 and an Energizer Qi charger but it never happened with my 1020 or 1520 nor does it happen with my DT 900 charger so I think its just the charger reacting differently to a particular device and shouldnt damage the phone.
Sent From my SP3i3

bosha

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I am absolutely sure this sound is coming from phone or battery. It is not a charger. I have 4 different chargers and I can hear that ticking
noise on any charger. And those chargers are all different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12