Verizon support?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I think about X3 coming to Verizon. Look at Lumia 950 and 950 XL as the model. Rinse and repeat as needed.

I am much more optimistic as Lumia 950 and 950 XL was "consumer" and HP Elite x3 is "Enterprise and Governmental" large global and national deployments" = enormous "number of units involved"! Verizon is a publically traded company and they must answer to their Board and stockholders "if the HP Elite x3" has a large amount of interest.

The sales guy from HP stated that "large evaluation pilots were in the works" as I would expect and they "can NOT all be just AT&T"?

Personally, I wish that HP and Microsoft just went the 700 Mhz FCC certification route and told Verizon "we don't like you either"!

It's just business !

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Verizon support will be a chicken & egg type thing ...

Major deployments of HP Elite x3 to Enterprise,
a large entity jumps ship from Verizon,
which causes Verizon to get on board,
which drives other Verizon encumbered Enterprises to the device,
which drives further adoption of the device,
which generates (some) consumer interest for the HP Elite x3 (and any copycats),
etc., etc., etc.

Out on a limb, there will (ultimately) be a version of the HP Elite x3 for Verizon, either activating the CDMA radios via firmware, or another model (Elite x3V). Enterprise (B2B) business flight would be too large for Verizon to ignore, assuming it materializes.

John Legere (T-Mobile) will factor into this, he'll be giving away data. He's not crazy, he'll take his smaller profit, justify further network buildout, and laugh all the way to the bank.
Can U see T-Mobile magenta COWS (or drones), everywhere?

Last edited:

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Verizon support will be a chicken & egg type thing ...

Major deployments of HP Elite x3 to Enterprise,
a large entity jumps ship from Verizon,
which causes Verizon to get on board,
which drives other Verizon encumbered Enterprises to the device,
which drives further adoption of the device,
which generates (some) consumer interest for the HP Elite x3 (and any copycats),
etc., etc., etc.

Out on a limb, there will (ultimately) be a version of the HP Elite x3 for Verizon, either activating the CDMA radios via firmware, or another model (Elite x3V). Enterprise (B2B) business flight would be too large for Verizon to ignore, assuming it materializes.

John Legere (T-Mobile) will factor into this, he'll be giving away data. He's not crazy, he'll take his smaller profit, justify further network buildout, and laugh all the way to the bank.
Can U see T-Mobile magenta COWS (or drones), everywhere?

I would humbly suggest that "many large Enterprise pilots and discussions" with large Enterprise customers and Government agencies "have been underway for some time now"! I spent 15 years at HP in Global and Enterprise sales and "it's a near continuous relationship management sales cycle" with large existing customers - both, from HP's direct Enterprise sales force and the legions of HP Partners worldwide.

Whatever is "happening" has little to do with Verizon but "closing large deals" and then figuring out the options to implement. This is a "top-down" process and simply not "contingent" on a carrier. In fact, in an ever increasing "hacker and threat oriented world", the last thing a large Enterprise needs is a "public network" that can be hacked!

I think that there is far too much "emphasis" on Verizon = they are small potatoes to a tens to hundreds of millions of dollars "solution delivery" engagement that will "deliver highly confidential information to the hands of HP Elite x3 carrying sales people, doctors/nurses, predictive maintenance service techs, IoT field operations, factory and warehouse workers, etc., etc. etc.

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I would humbly suggest that "many large Enterprise pilots and discussions" with large Enterprise customers and Government agencies "have been underway for some time now"! I spent 15 years at HP in Global and Enterprise sales and "it's a near continuous relationship management sales cycle" with large existing customers - both, from HP's direct Enterprise sales force and the legions of HP Partners worldwide.

Whatever is "happening" has little to do with Verizon but "closing large deals" and then figuring out the options to implement. This is a "top-down" process and simply not "contingent" on a carrier. In fact, in an ever increasing "hacker and threat oriented world", the last thing a large Enterprise needs is a "public network" that can be hacked!

I think that there is far too much "emphasis" on Verizon = they are small potatoes to a tens to hundreds of millions of dollars "solution delivery" engagement that will "deliver highly confidential information to the hands of HP Elite x3 carrying sales people, doctors/nurses, predictive maintenance service techs, IoT field operations, factory and warehouse workers, etc., etc. etc.

Are you thinking possibly that a new phone company might be in the offing, something like a high tier, business security focused entity, with HP/Microsoft backing it? Just curious

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I wish that HP and Microsoft just went the 700 Mhz FCC certification route and told Verizon "we don't like you either"!

It's just business !

Followed up by a missive to Verizon 'Can you hear me NOW?'

lol, too easy ...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Possibly, but they probably have 35 - 40% (the largest chunk) of subs across this country.
They are largely considered the Gold Standard as far as wireless carriers, thus a major player in this, until something changes ...

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Possibly, but they probably have 35 - 40% (the largest chunk) of subs across this country.
They are largely considered the Gold Standard as far as wireless carriers, thus a major player in this, until something changes ...

I 1000% agree ... but, I have been "personally and at an executive level" involved in this level of Enterprise "sale" and ... the "dumb data pipe between the various endpoints and the server solution" is just not even a major consideration!

ONCE a "large Enterprise says GO", then either the HP "implementation team and/or the sub-contactor partner HP partner teams" DECIDES "HOW" to implement at the maximum "profit"!

The "customer" does NOT care that it's Verizon or "Jane's preferred network"!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you thinking possibly that a new phone company might be in the offing, something like a high tier, business security focused entity, with HP/Microsoft backing it? Just curious

I am "fairly certain" that the entire HP Elite x3 "production release and strategy" went all the way to HP's "Board" and "expected $$$ of bottom-line revenue expectations - with a sales pipeline - were presented"!

So ... "the RISK and REWARD is clearly understood" already!

Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella "has proclaimed for 2.5 YEARS NOW that Microsoft's strategy = "Cloud FIRST and MOBLIE FIRST"!

How can ANY rationale business person - and/or investor or Microsoft stockholder or HP stockholder or Wall Street analyst - even begin to think that BOTH HP and Microsoft at the Board level ...

Do NOT understand the sheer significance of the "success or failure of the HP Elite x3"!

Verizon IS nothing more than a "dumb DATA pipe" and the "days - in the US of cowering and bowing to the carriers like Verizon IS O-V-E-R" !!!

WILL IT HAPPEN "tomorrow" = I do NOT KNOW!

BUT ... you can NOT STOP where this is as GOING NOW ... as, it is ALL "unleashed"!

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I 1000% agree ... but, I have been "personally and at an executive level" involved in this level of Enterprise "sale" and ... the "dumb data pipe between the various endpoints and the server solution" is just not even a major consideration! Though it could be to the dumb pipe provider $$.
ONCE a "large Enterprise says GO", then either the HP "implementation team and/or the sub-contactor partner HP partner teams" DECIDES "HOW" to implement at the maximum "profit"!

The "customer" does NOT care that it's Verizon or "Jane's preferred network"!

Understood
, but, if JoeBlow Inc is already a Verizon Business customer, they decide to go forward, then the Business subscription, as well as all the employees / consumer level (with company discount) go away.IF it were to gain a foothold, it could erode Big Red's subscriber count.
I totally agree, the dumb pipe is minimally considered, bottom line is implementing the solution. My point is, which I think you agree with, is Verizon w/b cutting their own throat, w/o at least some concession to HP.
A large enough Enterprise, would be able to form their own MVNO, to provide the necessary bandwidth required. Simply surprised, that Verizon doesn't seem to want an invite to that party.

HP does NOT need Verizon (a CDMA device), Verizon might need HP.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Understood
, but, if JoeBlow Inc is already a Verizon Business customer, they decide to go forward, then the Business subscription, as well as all the employees / consumer level (with company discount) go away.IF it were to gain a foothold, it could erode Big Red's subscriber count.
I totally agree, the dumb pipe is minimally considered, bottom line is implementing the solution. My point is, which I think you agree with, is Verizon w/b cutting their own throat, w/o at least some concession to HP.
A large enough Enterprise, would be able to form their own MVNO, to provide the necessary bandwidth required. Simply surprised, that Verizon doesn't seem to want an invite to that party.

HP does NOT need Verizon (a CDMA device), Verizon might need HP.

I totally agree with the caveat that "HP Enterprise direct sales and any serious partner" is only going after end'-to-end large solution opportunities and is NOT simply interested in "upgrading" a number of iPhones or Android smartphones = this is tied to some much larger solution delivery that has significant backend sever clusters, custom software, maintenance agreements, etc. !!!

realbart

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So this proves Verizon actively blocks phones that have not been through their "specification process".
Technically the phones are able to use their network.

Suppose your cable internet provider would only allow access to computers the had certified.
Suppose your landline phone company would only allow you to use devcies they had certified.
Suppose your cable television comapny would only allow you to use television models they had certified.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Technically they are NOT able to use Verizon's network. The correct radio settings are not enabled and were never submitted to the FCC.

Technically they could be enabled in future.

Well summarized and stated ... now, we simply "wait and see"!

August 29th is the "reported first deliveries" and tomorrow is "August 2, 2016 = Windows 10 AU" ...

So ... TICK, TOCK ...

PS Once again, this IS BETTER than Windows 10 MOBILE is "DEAD" as the Press is eager to report!

GO ... HP Enterprise SALES !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99