Will HP's Mobile Extender Work With Other Continuum Phones?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So the mobile extender has got me all different kinds of hyped up, but do you think HP will lock it to the X3 or do you think the Lumia 950 will also be able to get in on the action? And if the Lumia 950 can use it do you think it'll just be wirelessly, wired, or both?

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
nah it probably works via the pogo pins which no other phone will have besides this one.
TBH your best bet would be wireless display + Bluetooth mouse and keyboard

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
So the mobile extender has got me all different kinds of hyped up, but do you think HP will lock it to the X3 or do you think the Lumia 950 will also be able to get in on the action? And if the Lumia 950 can use it do you think it'll just be wirelessly, wired, or both?

They said it works wirelessly, so I'm guessing it's a Miracast device. There's a possibility that HP has done something to make it more proprietary, though I doubt it.

It's a guess, but since it sounds like a Miracast device, I'd think it would work with any Continuum device that supports Miracast.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
nah it probably works via the pogo pins which no other phone will have besides this one.
TBH your best bet would be wireless display + Bluetooth mouse and keyboard

This is not an option when this is meant to be used on public transport without access to WiFi (or plugs, or a table). My contract does not allow tethering either (but has unlimited data), and there is no way to get unlimited data for a mobile device that isn't a smartphone. This, because all the processing is being done on the phone and everything is done on the phone before then being beamed to the big screen, means it'll be fine. Also because of the lack of tables on the transport, I can't balance a wireless monitor, keyboard, and mouse. But I can balance a laptop (and have done before).

Take a look at the nexdock. Same concept but universal.

Not a brand I recognise, if they turn out to be really good I'll consider it then. But until then I'm sticking with the HP dock until NEX can prove themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi