3rd time is the charm for a functional 950XL phone case

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So basically I am on my 3rd phone case and this one finally works great.
When I bought the phone from the Microsoft Store they had an expensive name brand case that seemed to be more for girls or the more “soft” men so I just took their cheaper basic case at the time just so I would not be using the phone without protection.

That first basic rubbery case was just one layer of protection so I ordered one from eBay which was two layers.
It offered better protection but the buttons were sort of hard to push and the molded rubber over the stupid Volume up-Power-Volume down buttons was all one piece so I could not tell what button I was pushing.

So then I bought yet another case off of eBay and this one seems to be doing the trick.
It has three separate molded shapes over the Volume up-Power-Volume down buttons and that is a big deal because now I can FEEL which button I am pushing whereas before I was always pushing the wrong button. 

The rubber over the camera was still a little too stiff to get the true feedback of how hard you are pushing it so for that I took my pocketknife and cut the rubber on either side of the rubber button and that made the button easier to push.

So basically after using it for a few weeks now I come to realize that the camera button is working good (after I modded it) and that I’ve been doing good now with grabbing the volume when I want volume and power when I want power. So I thought I’d share my findings with other.

This is the case. It is not the most pretty cases but it looks ok I think and it is doing the job.
I’ve dropped the phone twice while in the case.
For Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Case Hard Kickstand Protective Dual Layer Phone Cover | eBay

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Eh, I don't like those armored looking cases. They add a lot of bulk to the phone and attract a lot of dust. I ended up with the Ghostek.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have that case too. Adds a fair amount of material to the body of the phone, just enough to bulk it up, without adding to the size of the phone.
I don't know how much protection it offers the screen other than a slight lift off the surface, if face down.

With Your lack of specifics about the previous cases you tried, and the fact that this case has already been discussed thoroughly in the Cases and Accessories thread, this thread only serves as clutter and should be merged with the sticky thread.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Eh, I don't like those armored looking cases. They add a lot of bulk to the phone and attract a lot of dust. I ended up with the Ghostek.
I looked at that one as well but by the photos it didn't look like it had much of a lip to protect the edge of the screen.
I also like cases that add some bulk to the back so that when I set the phone down either face down or face up, the screen nor the camera lens is touching the surface.

I am a commercial / Industrial HVAC tech so I need protection.
I'm also keeping it in my pocket. The holster mounts get caught on things.

Ghostek https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...=item464846aed0%3Am%3AmufwB66sbhK9UAw2VXClolA

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have that case too. Adds a fair amount of material to the body of the phone, just enough to bulk it up, without adding to the size of the phone.
I don't know how much protection it offers the screen other than a slight lift off the surface, if face down.

With Your lack of specifics about the previous cases you tried, and the fact that this case has already been discussed thoroughly in the Cases and Accessories thread, this thread only serves as clutter and should be merged with the sticky thread.

Dang, I looked for a subject on cases and missed it in the sticky.

Overall my comment was also as much about getting used to the goofy voume/power/volume setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra