Best dash mount for 1520?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You want a weighted base with integrated sticky pad. Sits on dashtop. I love mine. The 1520 is right there for your HERE Drive + HUD and your eyes never leave the windshield. Traveled extensively with this one and it never slips, never drops the phone. Bombproof.

ME-USDM: Universal Dashboard Mount with built-in holder for GPS or Phone - Friction / Dash Mount

semsons-inc_2272_79151010

I found one at Walmart. I think it was in the GPS section, but it may have been auto. YMMV.

Last edited:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using ProClipUSA's 1520 car mount. Pricey, but as sturdy and reliable as can be.

Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA

Nokia*Lumia 1520*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

Note: It's pricey because you have to buy the phone holder and the dash mount/arm separately. It's worth the $$. I've used the 1520 holder for over 2 years in my 2007 Toyota Prius and love it.

(EDIT: Sorry for resurrecting what may be an outdated thread - I hadn't paid attention to the date of the last post in it as I was just browsing the 1520 forum and saw this thread.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never had lasting success with a suction cup attachment, especially with 1520. The phone is not only heavy, the size gives it a lot of momentum to compensate for as it has a long "lever" to counteract the suction.

I've had 2 different weighted base mounts w/ integrated sticky pad on the bottom and neither has ever moved on me.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the ProClip (aka Brodit in Europe).
Have had them for years and would always recommend them.
The only issue I've had is in my current car, where I opted for the A pillar mount, with the 1520 so big it only just fits in the gap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon