Crack on top of back cover perpendicular to headphone jack

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi all --

I was hoping someone else with a Lumia 950XL could check their back cover for me. I'm not in an area with a ton of access to see another 950XL in person.

There is a small hairline crack in the back cover, on the top, that it perpendicular to the center of the headphone jack. It looks so perfect and straight that I can't tell if it is something that is there on all 950XLs or if it is something that has cracked on mine.

Does every 950XL have this? Hopefully someone can check theirs for me. I have the white back cover, and I imagine that it would be more noticeable on the white model than the black one.

I've had mine in an Incipio NGP case since day one, but I guess with as thin as the back cover is that it is possible it cracked.

Someone keep me from going crazy... haha.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ha, that little piece of plastic back cover on the screen side around the headphone jack is broken off for me within like the first week! Cracked pretty quickly then a whole piece cracked off!

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by anthonyng
Ha, that little piece of plastic back cover on the screen side around the headphone jack is broken off for me within like the first week! Cracked pretty quickly then a whole piece cracked off!

I did have a chance to visit my local Microsoft Store today and the demo 950XL on the floor also showed this issue. I'm not too concerned about it. I always have mine in an Incipio NGP case any how so I can't see it getting any worse. It might just be another reason to try a Mozo black leather back cover.

martinfab

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
That little piece of plastic back cover on the screen side around the headphone jack is broken off. Correct. I have a white cover. Chunk gone.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by martinfab
That little piece of plastic back cover on the screen side around the headphone jack is broken off. Correct. I have a white cover. Chunk gone.

Well then it seems like the best solution will just be to live with it then! The $50 replacement is just going to do it again. Guess that confirms I should just try a Mozo replacement :)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss