This 950 is an awful nice phone

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
For all the grief this phone is getting, I just thought I would post to say what a great phone this is. Everytime I pick it up, I think "wow, that is a nice display".

It is fast, and takes great pictures. I am running build 1002, and have a dual sim version. I know some folks have had a different experience than I have, but in case neutral parties are reading - this phone is not a dud. It is quite the opposite of being a dud.

A few caveats - I have not used it with two sims, and I don't use Hello (Hello seems a wasted gimmick to me, and I don't care if it works or not. Same with fingerprint scanners on iPhone - all gimmick to me).

Anyways, flame away if you must, but this is one heck of a phone.

silentghost1979

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
100% agree, I have had the 950 for around 6 weeks and love the phone. Screen is beautiful and the camera has taken some of the best shots I have taken on a mobile camera. Also have to agree about hello it's a nice feature but I took it off after a day or so it's just easier to to use a pin

John Frey

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I agree as well, while when I first got the phone at launch it was buggy and did crash from time to time. now running on the .107 for AT&T the phone has come a long way. Just about all the issues I once had are gone. No more reboots, battery life is now just about perfect (just might have to tweak a few things depending on what you use and don't). Now only my beta apps have any crash issues but that is to be expected with the "beta" tag. I can now take my phone off charge at 8AM take 4-8 calls check emails 3 times a day watch videos on you tube for 2 hours and text all day while reading news articles for about an hour or 2 and still get home at 9pm and have close to 45-55% battery left which is leaps and bounds better then back on launch. I love my 950 now more then ever and if anyone is on the fence about it i would say now is the best time to get one.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
For all the grief this phone is getting, I just thought I would post to say what a great phone this is. Everytime I pick it up, I think "wow, that is a nice display".

It is fast, and takes great pictures. I am running build 1002, and have a dual sim version. I know some folks have had a different experience than I have, but in case neutral parties are reading - this phone is not a dud. It is quite the opposite of being a dud.

A few caveats - I have not used it with two sims, and I don't use Hello (Hello seems a wasted gimmick to me, and I don't care if it works or not. Same with fingerprint scanners on iPhone - all gimmick to me).

Anyways, flame away if you must, but this is one heck of a phone.

Phew good to read a few positive threads every now and then :winktongue: If I did buy one of the 950 phones, it would've been the normal 950 instead of the XL. My phone and tablet don't need to be in one place lol. From everything I've seen both the screens are gorgeous tho and yea I'd feel the same way you do every time I picked up my 950 :grincry:

When did you buy the phone? Maybe you should give the ol' "hello" a shot, just for the kicks..

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
I feel the same... hand a down my favorite Windows Mobile phone yet.

Regarding Windows Hello, understand the comment about being a gimmick. But, I've really gotten to using it all the time and it is pretty fast. The trick is just to look right at the Microsoft logo... works every time and been the trick for others I've mentioned it to. Just a thought... enjoy!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Apparently they shipped all the defective Lumia 950s they manufactured to AT&T. I've used at least 6 (including the 2 I returned) AT&T Lumia 950s. They all are plagued with tons of issues (random reboots, extremely fast battery drain, windows hello stops working at random and turns off, yadda yadda, I could go on but I'm tired).

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the problem with the 950 is the Snapdragon 808? Like I have written elsewhere, I am not seeing these problems running W10 on a lowly Lumia 640. No major bugs or problems.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My XL was flawless on the regular mobile build, but on redstone I've had issues. But it also could be the new firmware that I received. Sometimes it gets pretty warm which I never experienced. There's crashes here and there. When I leave continuum I always have to restart as it gets in a weird state where scrolling is super jittery.

But yah on the official .104 build prior to everything it was great.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Apparently they shipped all the defective Lumia 950s they manufactured to AT&T. I've used at least 6 (including the 2 I returned) AT&T Lumia 950s. They all are plagued with tons of issues (random reboots, extremely fast battery drain, windows hello stops working at random and turns off, yadda yadda, I could go on but I'm tired).

The beauty of custom firmware. hehe

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I used the fingerprint on my S6 and I use the Windows Hello feature on my Lumia 950. It works flawlessly. Definitely not a gimmick feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo