Lumia 950 XL as a tablet rather than a PC

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried to connect Lumia 950 XL to a 8" display through HDMI port and use it as a tablet through continuum? [It's possible to make a 8" battery powered touch display with HDMI port. You can check YouTube]
Also do you think that Lumia 950 XL could have been advertised as a "smartphone that can be used as a tablet & PC"?

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's big enough to be advertised as a tablet. It's the biggest phone I've ever had, and I do use it for work everyday but it doesn't feel like my Lenovo Yoga laptop/tablet/tent-thing ( Why did I ever buy that?!?). It's somewhere around the house never used because I'm always on my 950 XL.
I do use continuum once in awhile and I really like it just the way it is so I wouldn't bother to hook it up to that expensive laptop that turns into 10 things I don't need/use. Where that, anyway??...

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The 950XL is actually SMALLER than my last phone which was the Lumia 1520 but it does fit in my hand better especially for taking one handed photos with the camera button.

As for an 8" screen, that isn't like huge compared to the phone itself. I'd think if you bothered you should at least go 10" which is what most descent tablets are such as the Surface, 10" Samsung Tab series, etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs